Thread: HTC One dropped by mistake, now it is completely dead

HTC One dropped by mistake, now it is completely dead

The HTC One smartphone that I had was not even 2 months old and yesterday it slipped from my hand and it dropped down hitting hard on the floor. After when I checked the device, it was turned off even though it had some 60% battery left and nothing was happening when I was trying to push the on/off button to switch on the mobile phone. I tried to charge the mobile phone to no avail. I dont know what else should I try to get it to working? Is my last option to send the mobile phone for repairing only? Thanks.

Re: HTC One dropped by mistake, now it is completely dead

Did you try to connect your HTC One smartphone to the computer and then pressing the power button? Is the pc able to recognize it then? Have you also tried to press the Power Button + Volume key and sort of keys to put it in download mode and checked if the phone turns on atleast? Try it out and let us know whether it is working or not

Also try to long press the power buttong when you have connected the phone to the computer. You should atleast try to charge the phone for more than 1-2 hours and see if something comes up on the screen when you turn it on. While connecting the phone to the pc via usb port, are you able to boot into bootloader, incase the phone boots, or does it even vibrate or does nothing at all?

Just try to connect the phone into the computer by holding down the power button until the phone boots. You will also need to hold power button until it boots and then it will work just fine. Also, do not try to connect the phone adn turn it on after full charge. Or if this doesnt work, then you can get the phone replaced, since it will be in warranty, unless you have not rooted or unlocked it.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"