Thread: Not able to use Logitech C920 Webcam on my Windows 8 laptop

Not able to use Logitech C920 Webcam on my Windows 8 laptop

I had bought a new Logitech C920 HD webcam. I am having a Windows 8 laptop here. The existing webcam on the system is quiet dull. The image output is not so great. So I bought the new one to get a more clear picture output. The issue here is that I am not able to use it. I had connected the camera and it is detected in the system. I can see the driver installation utility on the screen. While on Skype there is no video output. I can see a blank screen. I had also tried to use the same on a web cam software, but still it is not working. Can any help me here. Thanks.

Re: Not able to use Logitech C920 Webcam on my Windows 8 laptop

Try to change the connectivity ports and then check back. The issue might be due to usb. Also you will need to update the drivers if required. Try Logitech official website for any driver update for the camera. Mostly this kind of devices comes with a CD which has required updates.

You will require to install Logitech Web Cam software to use the camera. I had giving the download link below. This software comes with all require driver updates and work really well. I am also having a Logitech camera & was facing the same kind of issue. But after installing this third party web camera software the issue was resolved. It started working. The software does not really offer you great features, but you can use it for simple video chat. Being a HD camera the output of this device is simply great. You will need a good internet bandwidth to stream the HD video. Or else the user on the other end will get buffering video. I am using this on Yahoo chat messenger. I am having a usb dongle. It is not 3G, bug regular 2G connection offering enough speed for surfing. So I started video chat through the camera. The video output on my side was fine, but on the other end the user was complaining about poor output. Compare to that it works great on DSL lines. So only use it if you are having a broadband internet connection. Or else you will get stuck with the poor output.

Logitech Web Cam Software Download

I am still trying to install a very old webcam on my pc. The issue lies with the drivers. While compare to mine, your is new. Most of the camera's are plug and play device .You do not require to install drivers for them.

That is right. Most of the webcam are plug and play. But sometime due to outdated drivers this kind of issue appear. First just change the port of the web camera. Go in Device Manager and see whether you can find the camera or not. Check for any warning signs. If there is unknown devices listed or any device with red cross mark then you will need to find proper driver for it. You can try that through Windows Update also. Just right click on that and click on update drivers. That's all. Through Windows Update you will get the driver download. If that does not work then try that Logitech Webcam software. There is a separate edition available for Windows 8. So as per your system download it properly. You must verify whether it is a 32bit or 64bit edition. Once the setup is over, the software will automatically add proper files which are require to run the camera. If that also does not work then the last thing you can do is use it on some other pc. Just to test whether it is not having a hardware fault.

I think changing the port will do the job. You just need to connect on a proper usb device. Use it on USB 3.0 port if you have on your laptop. That will be far more better. Because it streams video on 720p and 1080p. High speed usb interface will boost the output.