Thread: How to get Viber and Fring to work on Karbonn Titanium S5

How to get Viber and Fring to work on Karbonn Titanium S5

Did anyone using Karbonn S5 Titanium used Viber of Fring on their smartphones? Is it working normal?

I ma facing problems with both of these applications on my S5. There are more messengers installed on my device such as Nimbuzz, Skype, etc from which when i make calls both people can here their voice properly but when i try to call up my buddies with either Viber or Fring, only i can hear their voices but they cannot hear me.

There seems to be some MIC or compatibility problems with S5 and Viber/fring. MIC doesn't works with these apps. By the way i just want to confirm if this is the problem with everyone or is it just me or my device facing the issues?

Re: How to get Viber and Fring to work on Karbonn Titanium S5

you are correct BIRAVY, i think these apps are not compatible with karbonn S5. Though i have never tried installing Fring, but i struggled with Viber for couple of days and finally need to remove it from the device. First it was not ready to register the device after several attempts, it finally registered my device but later the same problem as you mentioned above. Hope any Viber update can fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by BIRAVY View Post
    There seems to be some MIC or compatibility problems with S5 and Viber/fring.
    As far as Viber is concerned, yes it is compatibility issue because there is no Karbonn smartphone listed in their Compatible device's list. They have few smartphones from Alcatel, HTC, Gionee, LG and Motorola. No other brands are listed.

That means, all other devices are either not at all compatible with Viber or are partially supported like the one you experiencing with your S5 Titanium. You may hear but cannot speak or vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by ROCKING_Suhas View Post
    They have few smartphones from Alcatel, HTC, Gionee, LG and Motorola. No other brands are listed.
    Surprisingly though they have not a single device from Lava listed in their compatibility list, I am still able to use Viber comfortably on my Lava 501

Anyways BIRAVY , it is surely compatibility issue and you have wait until they update the app and increase the supported device list. And the same stands with Viber as well.

Why don’t you guys try out some another similar application? I mean there are many more Voice Calling apps available on Google Play such as LINE: Free Calls & Messages, Tango , ICQ and even WeChat. I dint found a single user complaining about these apps on any handset model.