Thread: Cant connect to Wifi with Karbonn Titanium S5

Cant connect to Wifi with Karbonn Titanium S5

Hey guys, i need some urgent help from you all. Couple of days ago i bought a brand new Titanium S5 smartphone from an online vendor. Rest all things working fine except the WiFi. I have a Wireless Network at my home already running few devices without any problems but when i try to connect the Titanium S5 on the same, it just wont connect. It can see the network, try to connect but fails every time. Any idea what is wrong?

Please help.

Re: Cant connect to Wifi with Karbonn Titanium S5

I too have a Titanium S5 but didn't faced any such problem. So i dont think it is the fault of the entire device model.

Can you tell us if you are getting any error message like 'unable to connect' or 'password is incorrect' or some thing? If not, then what exactly happens when you try to connect? Does it try to obtain the IP address, etc?

Thanks for the reply Whitaker. No i dont get any such error, instead when i enter the WiFi password, it says Authenticating, then says connecting, but again comes to "Secured with WPA". Surprisingly when i tap on the network again, it ask me for the password again (i dont think it should ask). So the process keeps on repeating.

What to do now?

Most probably such problem occurs when you enter the wrong password. I know its your own router and wifi network, I will suggest you to better confirm the password again from the router console and enter the correct WPA key. If still it doesn’t connects then better try to change the Router surety type. I mean if it is WPA, change to WPA2 or WPS and see if it works fine. I have seen this problem few Nokia mobile phones in past where they to do not accept WPA but work fine with WPA2 or vice versa. Just for a try you can go through it, right?

Most of the time a hard reset surely fixes such issues. I have been through this many times with Micromax smartphones. They keeps on saying Authenticating, obtaining IP address and again to secured with WPA. But with just one reset they connect fine on the next attempt. If the karan_star’s suggestion wont work, I will suggest you to better rest the phone once.

You can do this by going to Settings > Backup and Reset > Reset. Don’t check mark the box for Phone Memory. You don’t need to format the memory for this.

Quote Originally Posted by MaggieK View Post
    You can do this by going to Settings > Backup and Reset > Reset. Don’t check mark the box for Phone Memory. You don’t need to format the memory for this.
    Thanks for you help guys. I tried changing the security password but that dint helped either. Finally as stated by MaggieK, I formatted the device and guess what now it connects fine. Help appreciated.

Hi..tried resetting as suggstd by Maggie, but in vain. My wifi doesn't connect...shows "not in range". Tried deleting network & have set it up again, still doesn't work. Earlier I could view few other networks around me...now it doesn't show any option, except the 1 I setup. My Laptop works perfect on wifi, though. Pls assist