Thread: Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover wont connect to Ipad

Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover wont connect to Ipad

I am trying to connect Logitech Ultra-thin Keyboard Cover to iPad but it does not looks to be working. I purchased that from Amazon. It is a Bluetooth keyboard cover so it must connect to the tablet. I tried ample of time but it is not getting detected in the bluetooth section of iPad. I can see my mobile phone in it. So the bluetooth of ipad looks to be working. Whatever issue lies is with the cover. Is there any process to fix it on the ipad. I thought it will sync automatically as I put the cover on iPad.

Re: Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover wont connect to Ipad

You will have to pair the keyboard with the tablet, or else it might not work. There is a pairing option available along with a dedicated bluetooth button. Press it for sometime and the bluetooth led will start blinking. You can then simply check in the bluetooth section of your iPad. Tap on the keyboard and it will give you a pairing code which you will have to type on the keyboard. That's all.

There will be some kind of connectivity issues. You must try to connect the same through paring mode first. If it is connected then well or else you will need to carry the same to Logitech service center. They will repair the same. Also checkout the keyboard is completely charged. It might be out of power. I am using Logitech K760 Solar keyboard. The one that you are using works on usb charging. So that is a bit annoying because here you will need to connect it on charging port whenever needed. Logitech K760 comes at the same price . It comes for Rs.6599 but very easy to use. I am using it on iPad and as well as on my Android tablet. It comes with three Bluetooth profile keys. Once the device is configured it is assigned to a key. At a time you can hook 3 devices on this keyboard. And using them also is easy. There is a Bluetooth button on the backside. I have to hold that for sometime to turn on paring mode. Later on it is detected in the Bluetooth section of my device on which I have to tap and type the paring code. That's all. It is connected and easy to use also. I found it really easy to use. Most of the wireless keyboards works the same way.

Did you tried to connect the same to some other device like a mobile phone or any other tablet. Just test that. I had recently bought a portable hard drive with wifi. I copied some video on that and tried to use it on iPad. But it does not work. While on Android it worked. It looks Apple devices does not work great with other devices.

Bluetooth is a common standard here. Even Apple devices comes with the same. It is essential that the keyboard must be detected in the bluetooth section of your tablet or smartphone and then only it will work. Or else you cannot use it. I had bought Apple wireless keyboard with iPad. It has a really unique device. The design is different and has new look. It works with simple bluetooth connectivity. For your keyboard I think there is some issue with the bluetooth. What you see when you put it on the paring mode. There must be some kind of light indicator which keeps on blinking and giving you proper connectivity output. There must be some bluetooth button on the keyboard itself which will help you to simply pair it with other devices. Almost all bluetooth keyboards comes with common paring options. If there is a hardware issue then there is nothing you can do. Because like other bluetooth keyboard this one does not comes with a usb dongle. It has integrated bluetooth chip and there are hardly any troubleshooting options available which can help us in fixing the same. So the most you can do is carry it to the service center for repair.

Just check whether the keyboard works on battery. Try to replace them. Ample of bluetooth keyboards comes with AA battery in them. It might be drained out. You can add the separate one. If it has a integrated battery then try to put it on charge for some hours and test back.

It is correct that we cannot do anything in this kind of Bluetooth keyboard. The most you can do is return it from where you had purchased. I had also purchased a cheap keyboard for my tablet pc. I am having a budget android tablet. It came with usb as well as Bluetooth support. It is working fine with usb on my pc, but on the tablet it is not. The Bluetooth cannot find the device at all. There were proper light indicators. I asked the seller to provide me replacement. He send a new one and it worked. It was the same model. So it also looks that your device might be having some kind of flaws and it is really very hard to troubleshoot this kind of devices. They have nothing on them. Atleast on pc we had option to update drivers, to change port, etc type of work. But on a tablet you cannot do anything. So simply replace it. You can try one thing here. You can check some other Bluetooth keyboard on your tablet and test whether it works or not. I think that will more appropriate.

Charge it full and then check back. That will be more better. The keyboard is out of charge due to which you are facing issue. At the right side of the cover there is a bluetooth button. You can see a white button with bluetooth icon it. Press it for sometime. And just ahead that lies a power button that turns the keyboard on. Turn it on first and then hold the bluetooth button for sometime.