Thread: Crackling sound on Samsung Galaxy S4 with some headphone

Crackling sound on Samsung Galaxy S4 with some headphone

So finally got my new Samsung Galaxy S4 yesterday. I must say this is what we call a Smartphone. So many features yet left to dig out. However, there is a problem as well i came through so far. I loaded several music on my SD Card and connected the default headphone which came with the box. Made some changes in equalizer as well and set it to bass. Now when i play music on low volume it works great but if i touch the volume 50% or higher, i get an annoying Crackling sound. It gets more annoying as you increase the volume. The problem is not just in Bass but the Crackling sound can be listen more in Bass mode. Did anyone else faced this problem?

Re: Crackling sound on Samsung Galaxy S4 with some headphone

So did you tried any other headphone with the device? If yes, are you still getting the same crackling issues?

I am asking this because i strongly feel the problem might be with your headphone itself because i didn't noticed any such problem with my S4 or its headphone. In fact, after reading your post i even tried connecting few other headphones i have and still sound was proper even at 100% volume. Try changing your headphones.

Well the problem could be with both S4 and Headphones. In my group we have about 5 Galaxy S4. We tested the sound on Bass in all devices and found that 2 of us are facing the crackling sound while rest 3 devices ate working fine. We tried changing headphones with the one facing problem and still get the same effect on Bass, that means the problem is with S4.

But when we changed headphones on the one where there was no problem, we faced a bit crackling audio through different headphone. This appears that the problem is with headphone. Very confusing but this is what i found in my test. Lets see what Samsung has to do with this.

I disagree with you Mythrie. So far i have used several headphones in past few years. As per my experience few headphones like JVC HA-FXZ 100 always use to have cracking sound issues no matter you using it on whichever device. Similarly few other headphones like UE 600 have the same issues. Hence i think the problem is with you guys headphones and not with the device because even i am using the same i dont get any cracking sound no matter in Bass or at 100% volume. There is no use of complaining Samsung about this.