Thread: How to play FM radio in Galaxy S4

How to play FM radio in Galaxy S4

I was surprised when i came to know that the revolutionary Galaxy S4 doesn't have a FM tuner. Are you guys happy without FM on GS4? I came to know after purchasing the phone while exploring it that i dont have FM on this device. Can anyone please tell me what could be the reason Samsung (such a great brand) forget to put FM tuner in the device? I know there is a web based radio but instead that is there any way we can get FM Radio on this device using any kind of accessories?

If yes, please let me know soon. Thanks.

Re: How to play FM radio in Galaxy S4

Yeah it sounds bit awkward but Samsung has done it to provide better battery life and few more reasons. According to them most people dont listen FM radios since the apps like Gaana or Saavn came in the market or users use to save 1000s of their preferred songs on their memory itself. Hence they found it useless to provide FM in GS4. Another reason according to them obviously the battery usage because streaming Radio consume enough battery.

I am not able to understand what kind of reason that is. I mean, if it is so battery consuming than how Galaxy S3 and Note 2 works for entire day on Single charge? Also why did they provided FM antenna in those devices? Well it depends on the user itself whether he wants to listen Radio or not. Samsung should not decide this on their own.

Anyways Chau, there is no way you can play FM Radio on Galaxy S4

All those reasons provided by Samsung is just a joke. All smartphones releasing today whether it is low end or high end use to have built-in FM Radio because that have become the default application which is used by all types of user. They say people can save 1000s of songs on Memory Card or listen to gaana/saavn, what about sports commentary? News? Can we save them on card or does gaana/saavn telecast the same? Ridiculous

As the FM function is based on Software level, hope somebody finds out a hack to embed FM Radio in S4.