Thread: How to use Usb on the go with Sony Xperia Z

How to use Usb on the go with Sony Xperia Z

I recently bought a new Sony Xperia Z smartphone and I am quite loving it. Everything is working great except for one thing that I would like to know. I was wondering if Xperia Z supports USB On The Go features, because if it does, then it will be a valid reason to spend or buy a cable but if it cannot support then it doesnt make any sense in purchasing the USB OTG cable. Thanks for any information.

Re: How to use Usb on the go with Sony Xperia Z

Yes, I believe that Sony Xperia Z support all the USB OTG and also HDMI OTG as well. I have tested the Samsung USB OTG on this cell phone and it was working pretty well and I am quite satisfied with it. I am now using all in one OTG that supports everything like, usb, sd card, etc. Some phones like Samsung dont usually support third party OTG and only support official ones.

Yes, you can buy the Micro USB Host OTG Cable Adapter for your Sony Xperia Z which will work properly. Usually, to get the phone to work properly with this USB Host OTG cable, Sony Xperia Z must have a microUSB OTG connector and it should support the Android operating system version 2.3 or higher. Also, to take full advantage of the file transfer function, consider installing an application like ASTRO file manager, available for free on Google Play Store.

There are many videos on youtube that shows Sony Xperia Z supporting USB-OTG, one such you can check it out over here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqqLBCllVJM. The cost of this USB OTG Host cable adaptor will also come at a cheap price of $8.00. But I wonder if the hard drives connection is supported or not, I have yet to test it on my Xperia Z.