Thread: How to root Micromax A87 Ninja 4

How to root Micromax A87 Ninja 4

I want to root Micromax A87 Ninja 4. I am looking for some better rom for this device. The existing one is too basic. I had seen some videos of installing a custom rom on different models of Micromax. But I cannot find anything for A87. Is it possible to root. I just want to modify the OS and get more features. I had seen on different forums commented by various users that is possible to root this device. But there is a process for that which I am looking for. I hope it will be possible for me to root it.

Re: How to root Micromax A87 Ninja 4

You can root that only if you get custom rom for the same. You have to first find the same and then you will be able to run the rooting process. Also it is important to find a proper flash tools. Different kind of devices are having different kind of rooting process.

I cannot give you the download links of file required to root A87 Ninja. But I can give you the process here. The most I can give you is the name of files that you can search on web and download the same. This are not official files so it is necessary that you must do this on your own risk. If the process is not done properly then there are chances of facing a brick device. Now there are some important things you will need here. The first is the usb drivers. This are important because it allows you to connect the phone with the pc and go with the rooting process. The second is JAVA JDK that you can download from its official website. The third thing you have to download is Android sdk. The fourth important application which will be used for the rooting process is Unlock Root. Download this also. Once you collect all the files run the installation of JAVA JDK and Android SKD on your pc. Now go in the phone settings and in that click on applications. You can find a development section below tap on that and choose usb debugging. Then connect the usb cable to the device. You have to ensure that the drivers are installed properly. Now run Unlock Root app and root the device. That's all.

Rooting just gives you a complete admin access to the phone. It does not involve the process of installing custom rom. It is necessary that you must first locate custom rom for this device and then go ahead with the rooting stuff. I think that is only helpful here.

The best mobile to root and test a set of different rom is Samsung Galaxy Y. It is an awesome device. I had tested around 4 different rom on this device and it works just fine. There is no issue at all with the performance. The rooting process of this device is also very simply. Now if you are ready to take a risk in the rooting process then there are something you can try. First download and install cyanogen mode and install it in your phone. This is only installed after rooting. Once you add this you get a advance recovery memory from where you can run setup of various custom rom. It is also necessary to check that the custom rom supports the mobile model or not. If not then there is no guarantee whether this rooting process will work or not. Another great risk involve in rooting this kind of device is that there is no looking back. Means if your device is bricked then you have to carry it to the service center for restoration. While for Samsung we can do the same thing using ODIN. ODIN is a kind of flash tool for Samsung devices. You can try testing this on your phone also.

If cyanogen works in your phone then you can simply backup the entire phone rom. Which will be more better according to me. When you backup rom then there are less chances of getting a phone brick. You can just restore it instantly.

Unlook Root is the only app which works by default on ample of devices. It is essential that you must go for the process only if you are completely sure about the process. The important part here lies with rom installation. Now there are some unofficial ICS rom available for Micromax Ninja. You can download that from the web. This rom works well with the device and are tested. You have to install first cyanogenMod and then you will be able to run the rom setup. CWM Recovery is the most simplest option available for installing custom room. Rooting here is just the initial process. It just unlock your internal phone storage. The next step comes with rom setup. The ui is the one that matters the most. Sometime custom rom are heavy on the phone which can use slow performance. At that time you can via CWM restore the original stock rom back in your phone. So that makes it a very handy device.

I had tested some custom rom on Ninja. I will recommend anyone to go for the same. The phone faces performance issue. Just stick with your original rom or else you will be really annoyed with those custom roms. I think the existing one is much better and faster.