Thread: Difference between Karbonn Titanium S1 and Titanium S5 quad-core smartphones

Difference between Karbonn Titanium S1 and Titanium S5 quad-core smartphones

Seems like going with local manufactures is better than buying costlier branded devices like Samsung, Sony, etc. I was planning to buy a Jelly Bean phone in coming next week. After searching lot I came across several phones from Micromax, Karbonn and Lava. Finally decided to go with any one of the Karbonns phones because I have used its A18 model and found it quite durable and useful. So now I have selected the recently launched Karbonn Titanium S1 and S5 to choose from.

As both are quad core CPU powered devices running on Jelly Bean, can anyone please help me to decide the best from both of these? I’m bit confused which one to choose among them. Has anyone used any of these phones? Please share your experience and suggestions.

Thank you.

Re: Difference between Karbonn Titanium S1 and Titanium S5 quad-core smartphones

Well I haven’t used any of these devices because I’m happy with my Note 2. But as I have read many reviews of these phones around the web and according to them both seems to be good in performance and durability. But as there is bit difference in their prices as well (about Rs 1700) let me tell you why Titanium S5 costs more.

Compared to Titanium S1, S5 has bigger screen size. It comes with 5-inch qHD IPS display with 960 x 540 pixels resolution whereas S1 features 4.5 inch IPS screen. At the same time S5 stands higher with its Camera. It has 8 Megapixel rear as well as 2 megapixel front facing camera compared to S1’s 5 Megapixel rear and a VGA camera at front. Rest all configuration are same in both devices such as 1.2GHz processor with 1GB RAM. And off course the 4.1 Jelly Bean Operating system.

Re: Difference between Karbonn Titanium S1 and Titanium S5 quad-core smartphones

Nice comparison Kaalicharan, but apart from Camera and Display there is also difference in their batteries. Titanium S5 has a 2000mAh battery whereas Titanium S1 comes with 1600mAh battery. We can expect battery life from S5 upto 6 hours while S1 will deliver not more than 4 hours in usage mode.

By the way Just-Margaret, why you just want to go with Karbonn smartphones? Though you have used and found A18 good, have you ever used any Micromax's Canvas device? I'll suggest you to go with Canvas HD A116. It is bit costlier than these both devices but you will get a device with better performance, better battery life and better durability.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishab View Post
    By the way Just-Margaret, why you just want to go with Karbonn smartphones? Though you have used and found A18 good, have you ever used any Micromax's Canvas device? I'll suggest you to go with Canvas HD A116. It is bit costlier than these both devices but you will get a device with better performance, better battery life and better durability.
    Thanks for the help Rishab. Yes, i have used Micromax Canvas A100 and it is really a good devices. But the problem is i need some change now. So far i have owned 3 Micromax devices and now want to go through some other brand hence chose Karbonn.