Thread: No Jelly Bean OTA Update for my Canvas 2 A110

No Jelly Bean OTA Update for my Canvas 2 A110

Hi, I’m using Micromax’s A110 smartphone since its release. It came pre-installed with Android 4.0 ICS operating system. There are few friends of mine who bought this same model couple of months ago. Last week they received a software update on their phone which states Jelly Bean 4.1.1. They installed and now their phone is running on the new Jelly Bean update.

Now the problem is they both got the JB update then why I dint received any update on my device? Is it like they bought it recently and mine is bit old? Is there any way I can get the jelly bean on my Canvas 2?

Re: No Jelly Bean OTA Update for my Canvas 2 A110

Nope there is nothing like the update was for new A110 and not for the earlier bought devices. There might be some another problem because Micromax has rolled out JB 4.1.1 for all Canvas 2 smartphones available across the country. Anyways, if you dint received the update yet, dont worry. You can download and install it manually as well. Just download the Official Micromax JB Firmware for A110 from here. Once done you will need to flash the phone with Sp-tool flash file. you can download this flash tool from here. But remember that this process needs bit expertise. If you haven't done it before, better search google how to flash the phone.

Thanks for such useful info and download links. Its true that i had never done this before and hence i dont have any experience with the same. So can you please provide me some link of page where i can get the procedure? Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by aNNAKILI View Post
    Thanks for such useful info and download links. Its true that i had never done this before and hence i dont have any experience with the same. So can you please provide me some link of page where i can get the procedure? Thanks again.
    You should search for the same on XDA developers. They have the process of step by step flashing the phone. Hope it helps.