Thread: Nokia Smartshoot and Cinemagraph now available on Lumia devices with Windows Phone 7.8

Nokia Smartshoot and Cinemagraph now available on Lumia devices with Windows Phone 7.8

We have seen few smart camera features in devices like Lumia 920 or 820 such as Smartshoot, Panorama, Cinemagraph etc. These all are extra features or camera lenses which were provided by default in Nokia Lumia devices running with Windows Phone 8 OS. But now Nokia has also revealed this features for other Lumia smartphones such as 510, 610, 710, 800 and 900 those who are running on Windows Phone 7.8 os.

If you are using anyone of these phones than you can get these features simply by downloading them from Windows Phone store. Alternatively you can also get this extra features by launching camera on your phone, click ‘More lenses’ icon and select to download from there. Well done Nokia.

Re: Nokia Smartshoot and Cinemagraph now available on Lumia devices with Windows Phone 7.8

Hello Maq.h. Thanks for sharing this useful info but i need a bit help. I recently bought Lumia 710 and this is my first ever Windows Phone based device. Hence i'm still learning to get familiar with this operating system. i was not aware of any of these features which you have mentioned above. Can you please provide me some more details about what exactly this SmartShoot and Cinemagraph use to do? I know what is panroma so just provide some details about those two features.

Thank you.

Re: Nokia Smartshoot and Cinemagraph now available on Lumia devices with Windows Phone 7.8

SmartShoot and Cinemagraph are the top most features from Nokia which they only provided in Lumia 820 and Lumia 920. With Smartshoot you can capture a sequence of images after which you can remove object from the screen, make a proper smile/face, and lots more. While with Cinemagraph your camera captures a very short video and later transform it in animated image (GIF). These both features are very helpful and interesting as well. You can get more info about these features here in Lumia 920 Review.

Thats indeed great news Maq.h but i think you missed to mention one important thing. These camera features are coming to Windows Phone 7.8 devices but none of these devices are running with Windows Phone 7.8.

However Nokia has started rolling out the WP 7.8 update, you will first need to update your phone first to this latest firmware update and then you will get the features automatically on your phone. If in case you dint get the same, then you can also download it either by scanning the barcodes provided here or by downloading them from Windows Store.