Thread: Samsung Galaxy S II Plus vs Galaxy Grand Duos

Samsung Galaxy S II Plus vs Galaxy Grand Duos

I recently came to know that Samsung has now finally launched the upgraded version of galaxy S2, i.e. Galaxy S II Plus. Since past few days I was searching for a phablet type phone under Samsung brand to buy and had even decided to go with the recently launched Grand Duos. But after reading the news of Galaxy S2 Plus I’m confused again.

So can anyone here please compare these two devices and help me decide with which one of these two devices should I go? Price is not the factor as I know there Is not much difference in same but I need the better performance.

Thank you.

Re: Samsung Galaxy S II Plus vs Galaxy Grand Duos

There is not much difference in both of these devices apart from the Display size and Battery power, that’s it. Both Galasy S2 Plus and Grand Duos are running on same 1.2GHz dual-core Broadcom processor and 1GB RAM with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system. Both comes built-in with 8GB Storage capacity which can be further expanded upto 64Gb using MicroSD Card. As per camera as well both have 8 Megapixel rear camera and a front facing 2 megapixel camera for making video calls.

As I said the only difference is size and battery, Galaxy S2 Plus comes with 4.3-inch Super AMOLED WVGA Touchscreen display offering 800x400 pixel resolution whereas the Grand Duos comes with 5-inch display with same resolution. And as per the battery Galaxy S3 is powered by 1,650mAh whereas grand runs on 2100mAh battery. So grand seems to be superior as per the specifications.

Thank you very much for the help and such great comparison McKayla. Appreciated.

So you mean that that i should go with what i decided, Galaxy Grand Duos, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Innis View Post
    Thank you very much for the help and such great comparison McKayla. Appreciated.

So you mean that that i should go with what i decided, Galaxy Grand Duos, right?
    No way. If you are comparing these two devices then i will not suggest you to go with Grand because such having superior specification doesn't means that the device is better. If so, there are several Micromax and Lava mobiles with same 1.2GHz CPU and 1GB RAM, but you cannot say them better compared to any Samsung smartphone with the same configuration. Hope i'm right?

I have read several Reviews of Grand Duos, i think you should also read few of them. There are several people out there who are complaining about Grand Duos. According to them the hardware of this device is not as good as other Galaxy devices. One of my friend has also bought this phone last week and his camera already started crashing. Also its battery backup seems to be poor. There are many such problem. At the same time Galaxy S2 seems to be good so far. And that could be the reason why Galaxy S2 Plus is bit costlier than Grand DUOS which is better in Screen, battery and Dual SIM.

SO, better go with GS2 Plus at just extra cost of Rs 2K.

You are correct Zacharia. Galaxy Grand is bit disappointing under Galaxy Series of Samsung Mobiles. I guess this this first phone which failed or having problems under the galaxy series.