Thread: Nexus 10 tablet freezes and crashes frequently

Nexus 10 tablet freezes and crashes frequently

I recently bought Nexus 10 (about a week ago), installed several applications on the same in past 3 days. It worked fine for 3 to 4 days but now whenever I open few applications such as Google Chrome or Play Store, tablet gets freezed completely and unresponsive. After few minutes it reboots automatically. I’m not sure it can be fixed by restoring the tablet to factory settings but if I had to do the same I should have install all applications, right? Also what when I install the apps next time after restoring the tablet? It will freeze again.

Is it just me or anyone else faced such problems with this new Nexus 10 ? Somebody please help.

Re: Nexus 10 tablet freezes and crashes frequently

You are not alone, count me in too. I bought Nexus 10 two months ago. It was just 10 days old when it started freezing. Unlike you, my N10 use to freeze while watching videos or browsing as well. Sometimes it also use to crash, screen turns black and it restarts. I think the problem was quite similar to you because it started after installing several new apps from Google play. It use to freeze and crash about 10 times in an hour. I thought restoring it to factory settings may fix the problem but I was wrong. I might have restored it more than 10 times but again the same thing. As soon as I load about 30 to 40 new applications apart from its defaults, it use to freeze while using the same.

So I don’t think you need to restore it to defaults. The best I can suggest you is simply send it back for repair as I did. I sent it long back and would be receiving it very soon. So just pack and send it back for repair. I’m sure it is its internal bug and you cannot do anything with it.