Thread: HTC One vs Samsung Galaxy Note 2

HTC One vs Samsung Galaxy Note 2

I am looking to buy a new mobile phone. Many of my friends are telling me that the new HTC One Smartphone, which recently launched in the market, is better than Galaxy Note 2. Is this really true? I havent used any android mobile phones till now. And after a long time, I am upgrading to a new cell phone, so I was thinking to buy or go for the best mobile phone available in the market right now and dont want to end up choosing the wrong one against the odds. Need your opinions. Thanks.

Re: HTC One vs Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Well, android mobile phones are very user friendly. If you have experienced with different touchscreen phones, then you will notice how smooth the android mobile phone touchscreens are, to move pages or open any apps you dont have to press to hard, just a feather touch is enough.

Coming to the point, I also believe that, the recently launched HTC One, is a beast of a mobile phone. It has a 4.7-inch touchscreen with Full HD 1920 x 1080 resolution pixels. With the latest Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update and Sense 5.0 and the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon processor S600, it works speedily as well. Viewing angles seem very large and the screen looks bright. Side look, there is a striking resemblance to the iPhone 5 and BlackBerry Z10. I think that you should go with this mobile phone.

There are speculations that HTC One will be very costly. It will launch at a market price of Rs. 45,000 approximately. Where else you can get the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 at low cost of Rs. 35000 approximately. Also, many ecommerce sites in India are offering either Sandisk 16GB memory card or bluetooth wireless headset or flipcovers that are approximately costing Rs. 1500 plus. I am not asking you to go for Galaxy note 2, in the end it is upto you to decide which one to go for.

HTC One slightly has an upper hand with its hardware specs compared to Galaxy Note 2. The processor used in HTC One is Quad Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 which is clocked at 1.7 GHz where else Galaxy Note 2 has a Quad Core Cortex-A9 Processor clocked at 1.6 (although I dont think there will be much difference in processing the speed in opening application or playing games). The camera used in HTC One is 4MP Ultrapixels with features such as autofocus, LED foals, etc; and we can also take video at 1080p with HDR. The Galaxy Note 2 has 8mp camera, although good enough, but in comparison HTC One has the upper hand. Other than that all features seems similar to me, comparing both phones.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Quote Originally Posted by Bon-Z View Post
    Other than that all features seems similar to me, comparing both phones.

Are you joking? You havent used Galaxy Note 2 personally and therefore dont know about its specific feature. There are many features like Air View, Motion Sensor, Multi-tasking Dual Screen (opening 2 applications on one screen at any time), direct call, turn to mute or pause songs or movies, etc; in Galaxy Note 2. In my opinion, you should go with the Samsung Galaxy Note 2, since it gives a feel of tablet as well as a phone (hence termed as phablet). I have heard many rumours that HTC series phones either overheat quickly or have other kind of problems related to Wifi issues, battery problems and so on.