Thread: Skype not working on Samsung galaxy s3

Skype not working on Samsung galaxy s3

I bought Samsung galaxy s3 for second hand. It seems as if there is some issue with it. My problem is that while using Skype for video calling, I am can see other person video but he cannot see mine. I have cross verified it myself. I am not sure if this is an issue with my phone or there is something wrong with Skype? Has anyone else faced the same issue? Is there anything I can do about this problem??

Re: Skype not working on Samsung galaxy s3

First of all I want to know which version of Skype you have installed ? Is it the latest version?
    If yes, then cross check if "Enable Video Calls" Is checked in Skype settings. If it is, and you are still not able to get it working then ill suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Skype.
    I also want to know what exactly you see on other person device.
    Your every word defines my existence, world and self.

I have installed the latest version of Skype from Google play. I have tried using it after checking "Enable Video Calls" in Skype settings but that’s not making any difference. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Skype many times but that’s not helping at all. On the other person screen my video keeps on saying “Initializing”. Either there is some setting that I have to change or there is something wrong with my phone I guess.
    There are some other people who have mentioned same issue with Skype but I don’t see any effective solution to get it working. Is there any incompatibility between Skype and Samsung galaxy s3? Have you ever heard of anything like that?

No, I haven’t heard of anything like that. However, even I see others facing same kind of issue with their Samsung galaxy s3. It seems as if this is a common issue with Samsung galaxy s3 users using Skype. I think a better idea will be contacting Skype support. If they might be aware of this issue, then they will surely help you out, what say?

Not sure but I just came across a Samsung galaxy s3 user saying that to get Skype working properly, one must use their Skype account and not just the cell phone number.
    According to him, if you will use their cell phone number then you will be able to use Voice call option only. So while going through contact, make sure that you are selecting Skype account contact.

I don’t have Samsung galaxy s3, so I am not sure if he was right, but you can just try out the mentioned things and post back it that actually helps.

I have opened a new topic at Skype support but I haven’t got any reply from their officials. I tried what you have mentioned above but unfortunately I am not able to get it working in that way as well. No matter I use my friends Skype account or just their cell phone number. They are not able to see me on their side. Some people had mentioned that there might be something wrong with his network but I have verified my home network as well as my friend’s home network with other android Smartphone’s and Skype works there without any issue.