Thread: Problem with my Nokia C5-00 phone

Problem with my Nokia C5-00 phone

I have Nokia C5-00 which has Symbian S60v3 as OS. I am having trouble with working of its gallery. When I open the default gallery, it shows all the images and videos that are present in my phone. This folder is not restricted to the default images and videos folder. Even if I put images or videos in other folder, it will be shown in main gallery.
    The problem that happens is that if I am keeping any work related image, it also shows up in images. In short,
    all the videos, be it personal, work or wallpapers get scrambled up completely. Also I cannot keeep my personal videos and images of me and my girlfriend in my phone as they get mixed with all photos and keep showing up in my gallery. So if my friend picks up the phone, he will see everything, private pics, work related pics and so on.
    I don't want to lock the gallery but restict some pics or vids from showing up in gallery. Can you suggest me some app fior this purpose.
    (Note: I have tried changing extension of images and videos, but they still show up.)
    The editor is cool.

Re: Problem with my Nokia C5-00 phone

Well, have you tried the application called GLock: Lock phone gallery. It will help you to lock your phone gallery. If locked, gallery items like photos, videos, sound tracks & private files can be accessed only by knowing valid password. It has auto lock feature by which phone gets locked,if stays idle for user defined time-out interval. Download it from here - http://store.ovi.com/content/234280
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I don't want to lock the gallery but restrict some pics or videos from showing up in gallery.
    As I mentioned in the question, I don't want to lock the whole gallery. I just want to stop specific images and videos from being shown in gallery. Suppose I have 100 images in my phone. I want 10 of them to not show up in gallery (selected 10 images). How do I do it??????????

If you want then you can try downloading and installing File explorer. Once installed, you can save those specific images or other stuffs in system folder of File explorer. They wont show up in gallery after that, hope that helps.

Wow, what kind of dumb answers am I getting from members of this forum. First they don't read the question properly and fail take notice that I don't want to lock my gallery. Now another comes up and says, use file explorer. Hey noob, I know what file explorer is and Nokia c5 has a default one in it. Give me name of some specific app which will help me.

FYI, I have tried FExplorer and Touch Hider, but both don't help in hiding images and videos from default gallery. Tell me about some specific app.

Follow the below suggestions and see if that works for you:

1. First of all download Y-Browser which is a free file manager and install it and then run it.
    2. After that navigate to wherever the image/video files are. You may need to check if the images are from an application but there is a search function so that may help.
    3. Now, for each file, highlight it and press the left selection key (LSK from here on). Go to File > Attributes and change 'Hidden' to Yes. Click the LSK again to save the change.
    4. After that repeat that for each file you want to hide.
    5. Now there will be a folder called _PAlbTN in the same path as the image, just delete it.
    6. That will be it, you can now only view those hidden files through Y-Browser or by connecting the phone up to your PC only.

Thanks unidentified person. I'll try this solution.

Y-Browser is just modified and cracked version of FExplorer v2.11 which I am already using.
    I installed Y-Browser and followed your steps. I got it right till step 4, but there is no file or folder by name _PAlbTN in my phone. Even after changing the attribute to Hidden = Yes, it keeps showing in the gallery.

I appreciate your help, but it didn't work. Any other suggestions?

Hey unidentified guy, actually your solution didn't work, but it gave me an idea which actually helped me to hide the files and IT ACTUALLY WORKS.

As I said b4, Y-Browser is cracked and modded version of FExpolrer, it has all features unlocked. Now how to hide the files,
    1. Go in E:\ drive, that is memory card.
    2. Create a folder by any name, lets say 'Selena_Gomez'. For this, press Left soft key to get options menu, now go in edit and you will find 'Cut' and 'Copy'.
    3. Now 'Cut' the desired files from their source location and 'Paste' them in the newly created folder, that is, 'Selena_Gomez'. For this, press Left soft key to get options menu, now go in edit and you will find 'Paste'.
    4. Now go back one step in the Y-Browser. that is get out of the folder.
    5. Now go in options of the folder, and change its attribute Hidden = Yes. For this, press Left soft key to get options menu, now go in file and you will find 'Attributes'.
    6. Once done, all the files in this folder will not be shown in gallery.
    7. To open the files, user will need to go to the file through Y-browser and open manually.

Wow what a discovery I have made. I must patent this method. Hahahahahaha I must have put Steve Jobs to shame. I deserve Nobel Prize.