Thread: Toshiba satelite L550-OCD wifi has stopped working

Toshiba satelite L550-OCD wifi has stopped working

My Toshiba satellite L550-OCD wifi has stopped working suddenly. It won’t detect any wireless network. It says no wireless connection found and all. It was working fine until yesterday. Don’t know what went wrong with it within 24 hours. I have crossed check my home network with other wireless devices. They can recognize it and connect to it without any issues. Any idea, what might have gone wrong in my laptop??

Re: Toshiba satelite L550-OCD wifi has stopped working

It’s hard to guess your issue with the information you have provided. I want to know if you remember the changes that you might have made within that 24 hrs?? If yes, then do you doubt any recent changes that might lead you in to this issue?? If yes, then please let me know so that I can have better idea of the issue you are going through.

I haven’t made any recent changes in my Toshiba satellite L550-OCD. As mentioned, this issue occurred all of a sudden. I have tried restarting my laptop many times but no avail. Its wifi won’t work. It keeps on saying no wireless connection. Other than restarting the laptop I have tried performing system restore but it made no difference.
    Is there anything else that I need to check out further??? I just need to get it working as soon as possible. Any further help on this matter will be appreciated.

If you are quite sure that there is nothing wrong with your home network, then this might be due to driver issue. In that case I will suggest you to uninstall and reinstall your laptops wireless adapter driver. Make sure that you are installing the latest one. You can download the latest driver from Toshiba official site. Also don’t forget to restart your system after installing the driver. If reinstalling the driver doesn’t make any difference then you will have to get your laptop checked, something might have gone wrong with the built in wireless adapter, probably a hardware fault.

Which version of windows you are running?? If you are running windows 7 then you can download below driver:

Atheros Wireless LAN Driver for Windows 7 (32/64)

I have checked out Toshiba official site but I am not able to find out your laptop model in the list.

Did you try connecting your laptop to some other network? If you haven’t, then test it out and post back the response you get. There can be some issue with your home network as well. If your Toshiba satellite L550-OCD can connect to other wireless network then you can troubleshoot your network. You can try out below things:
    1. Reboot your router
    2. Reset your router
    3. Update the firmware of your router and configure it again

I have tried downloading and installing the driver that you have linked above but no luck. I restarted my laptop after installing the driver as well. Currently I don’t have any nearby wifi network to test my laptop but ill surely test it out. For now, I have tried restarting and resetting the router without any luck. I will test my laptop with my office network tomorrow. If it works then ill update the firmware of the router. Hope I’ll be able to trace out the actual cause of this issue by tomorrow. Until then if there is anything else that I might try out then please let me know.

Guys there was some issue with the wireless adapter of my laptop. It was not able to detect my office network as well. Since it is under warranty I will send it for RMA as soon s possible, thanks for all your help.