Thread: iPad 2 camera not working

iPad 2 camera not working

As mentioned in the title my iPad 2 camera has stopped working all of a sudden. I don’t know what went wrong with it. Last night I had turned it off, and today morning I surprisingly discovered that its camera is not working. Its shutter is not getting opened. I have tried restarting it many times but no luck. It seems as if the camera has turned faulty, however I am not sure about the same as it was working fine before I turned it off. Any idea what might have gone wrong??

Re: iPad 2 camera not working

Simply turning the iPad 2 off and on cannot ruin its camera. Something else might have gone wrong with it, may be a hardware fault. Anyways I want to know if you have tried performing reset. In case you haven’t, then you can perform it now.
    1. Close all programs
    2. Turn off your iPad 2
    3. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time until you see Apple logo
    4. Once you see the Apple logo, release all the button and check if your camera has started working fine.

Yes you can try resetting your iPad 2. If that doesn’t work then you can try restoring your device. Just make sure that you are backing up your iPad 2 before restoring it, as all your data including content, songs, videos, contacts, photos, and calendar information will get deleted. If at all restoring doesn’t make any difference, then some hardware fault might have taken place with your iPad 2 camera and you will have to get it checked or repaired.

Thanks for your suggestion guys, I have tried resetting and restoring my iPad 2 but no avail. Camera is still not working. The front camera works when I switch to it. However I just see this when I try to use the rear camera:

I guess it’s time to visit apple service center, isn’t

That’s surely due to hardware fault with your iPad camera. One of my friends had faced the same issue with his iPhone. He used to get the same shutter screen, which used to not open at all but his front camera used to work after switching to it. He had to get his iPhone repaired, only after that he was able to get his iPhone camera working again. We at our end had tried resetting it, restoring it and even updating the firmware but we were running out of luck. If your iPad 2 is under warranty then visit nearest apple service center, they will take care of it.

Yeah it’s under warranty, by now I have tried below things but none of them have helped.
    Restarting it multiple times
    Resetting it
    Restoring it to factory settings
    Updating its firmware (After going through your workaround)
    I am still thinking, how can simply turning off and turning on my iPad 2 can ruined the camera??