Thread: Acer aspire 4315 wont shutdown

Acer aspire 4315 wont shutdown

I have Acer aspire 4315, I have been using it from 2 years and I never had any issue with it by now. Yesterday night, I got a bsod and my system turned off automatically after that. I was not able to make out what exactly what went wrong. The only thing that I noticed was the back of my laptop was very warm. So I thought it might be due to overheating issue. I restarted my system and everything started working fine. However, after using it for a while when I tried shutting down my system then it refused to do that. I mean when I click on shutdown nothing happens the pointer simply keeps on spinning, sometimes it says turning off but it doesn’t. It gets stuck on the turning off screen. I have to press down the power button to turn it off. I want to know if there is anything that I can try to fix this issue???

Re: Acer aspire 4315 wont shutdown

Before i suggest you anything I want to know if you have made any changes in your laptop? I mean have you installed any software’s or applications? There are possibilities that some recently installed software or application might be interfering with the shutdown process. In that case you will have to uninstall them.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

As far as recent changes are concerned I had installed avast but after your suggestion I had uninstalled it. Since uninstalling avast dint made any difference, I have reinstalled it. Other than that I haven’t installed any application recently. This issue came up suddenly after I received that BSOD. I received that BSOD only once, it haven’t came up again by now but it has left the shut down problem for me. I have tried restarting my laptop back to back multiple times but the shut down functionality won’t work as it used to.

I am not sure but I think that some of your system file might have got corrupted and in that case you will have to Use SFC /Scannow to Repair Protected Windows Operating System Files.
    You can refer to below command for running SFC /Scannow command.
    Press windows key + R
    Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes (There is a space between sfc and /scannow) and click on Ok
    A small scanning process will get started and system File Checker will verify the integrity of every protected operating system file.

The scanning process might take some time, so make sure that you are not interrupting the scanning process in between. Once the scanning process gets completed you can restart your system and cross check if your problem has been solved.

I just ran sfc /scannow, it did carried some scanning process but after it got completed and I restarted my system the problem continued. I don’t think there is something wrong with protected Windows Operating System Files. There is something else that Is causing this issue, to be at the safer side, I have run through scan a couple of times but it dint came up with any malware or virus. I have crossed checked similar topics and most of the people have commented to reinstall windows. I want to know if that’s the last option for me or there is some other workaround that I can try out before that. I also wanted to that restart options works fine, my problem is just with the shut down functionality.

Your problem is really very weird. As you have mentioned it started suddenly, I will suggest you to perform system restore. You can restore your windows to a point when everything was working fine. Just make sure that you are checking out the affected program list as some of your recently installed application will get lost and you will have to install them again. In case system restore doesn’t make any difference in your case then reinstalling windows will be a better option. I can’t think of any other solution that might help you out in my case.

One of my friends was having same issue but apart from that his laptop used to get overheated and shutdown automatically after 1 hour and so. He wasn’t able to perform shutdown, just like you have mentioned. Restart was working fine but for shutting down his laptop he had to press and hold the power button. One day he brought his laptop to me, since overheating issue was known to me, I opened his laptop and clean all the dirt that were blocking the flow of the air. Surprisingly after doing that, his laptop overheating issue got solved and shutdown issue got fixed as well. I am sure I had not performed any other hack rather than cleaning his laptop fan and air flow area. So if you don’t mind, then ill suggest you to try out the same. My solution might sound weird for the issue you are facing but trust me that’s what I had tried out in my friend case.

I’ll surely give that a try and will let you know if that works. If not, then I’ll go ahead with reinstallation of windows as turning of my laptop forcefully is filling me up with hesitation. I feel if I continue to do that than my system might run in to some other severe problem.