Thread: Iphone 5 rear camera not working

Iphone 5 rear camera not working

Guys something went wrong with my IPhone 5 rear camera. I can get its front camera working but its rear camera just won’t work. It was working until yesterday, as far as I am aware it was running out of battery and I had switched it off a day ago. After turning it on I surprisingly found that its rear camera is not working. I want to know if there is any workaround that I can try out from my end rather than getting it checked form the service center.

Re: Iphone 5 rear camera not working

What do you see on the screen when you launch the camera application?? I mean a black screen or some weird kind of screen??? Are you sure that you had just switched off your phone before this issue came up? Did you try rebooting the phone a couple of times???

After launching the camera application, I can just see the sliver circle cage which used to open before. I am not getting any black screen or some weird kind of screen. I am quite sure that nothing had happen to my phone after I switched it off. It was untouched in my pouch until I plugged it in to charging and switched it on. I have tried restarting the phone almost 50 times but no luck. It doesn’t seem to be a hardware fault but it appears to more of software. Let me know if there is anything that I can try out further, any further help on this will be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Try restoring your iPhone to factory condition and check if you are able to get the camera working.
    First Click on “Settings” > “General” > “Reset”
    Now “Erase all Content and Settings”, enter passcode and click on “Erase iPhone”
    Just make sure that you are backing up your personal data from your iPhone as they will get erased. Restoring process might take some time and your iPhone will be completely inoperable while the process is in progress. So be patient and make sure that you are not interrupting the process in between my any means. Once your iPhone gets restored to factory condition you can transfer your backup back to the phone.

After your suggestion I have tried restoring my iPhone to factory settings and I have done that a couple of times but that’s not making any difference in my case. God knows what went wrong with my iPhone suddenly. I am just running out of ideas and feeling so unlucky.

There might be some hardware fault with your iPhone camera. It doesn’t seem to be because of software. You have already tried out the possible solution that you could have helped. Since they have not made any difference in your case, I will suggest you to get it checked form the nearest service center rather than trying out further workarounds. Also make sure that there is no instance of external damage to your iPhone else you might have to pay for getting the camera repaired even when your iPhone might be in warranty.