Thread: How to send data from Nokia lumia 510 to other phones via Bluetooth

How to send data from Nokia lumia 510 to other phones via Bluetooth

I have Nokia lumia 510 and I want to know how can I send data from my phone to other via Bluetooth. I have tried pairing my phone with other phones but it simply won’t get connected to them, it keeps saying "not supported". This is my first windows phone so I don’t have much idea about the same, do I have to change any setting to get the Bluetooth working???? Help regarding this will be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Re: How to send data from Nokia lumia 510 to other phones via Bluetooth

No, windows phone doesn’t allow sharing of data via Bluetooth to other phones. Either you can download your stuffs in your phone directly from the web or transfer it in to your phone by zune software. You will have to install latest version of zune in your PC, connect your phone via usb and transfer the files that you want.

If windows phone doesn’t allow sharing of data via Bluetooth to other phones, then why is the Bluetooth for???? Isn’t it useless then?? I mean it has Bluetooth but I cannot send or receive anything??? I really wasn’t aware of this, anyways is there anything I can do to get the Bluetooth working?? I mean some kind of software update or some app that I can install??? Is this the same scenario in windows 8 phones?? Any idea? Nokia lumia 510 will be pretty useless for me if I can’t get the Bluetooth working.

I meant to say that windows phone doesn’t allow sharing of data via Bluetooth to other phones but you can share data with windows phone. Windows phone 7 doesn’t have Bluetooth profile for device to device it supports A2DP 1.2, AVCTP 1.0, AVDTP 1.0, AVRCP 1.0, AVRCP 1.3, GAVDP 1.2, HFP 1.5, HSP 1.1, PBAP 1.0, RFCOMM 1.0, and SPP 1.0.
    I am not sure but I have heard that device to device profile has been ported to Windows Phone 8. The new Windows Phone 8 supports Object Push Profile and using this profile users can transfer pictures, ringtones or v-cards via Bluetooth connection to other phones.
    I need a better sig...PM me.

Yes Nokia lumia 510 has Bluetooth but it doesn’t support other file system. In case you want to transfer or share data, then you have below three options.
    • You can use skydriver, you will have to upload your file and tell other mobile user to download it in his phone.
    • If you want to send or receive images then you can attach it in an email for sending or ask other mobile user to send it to you in email so that you can download it in your phone.
    • Last option is zune, hindustnidude has already mentioned detail about the same.

Using skydriver seems to be a better option. Sending or receiving images via email is not feasible. I mean attachment is supported in android and latest phones only. My friends have Samsung phones running bada, it’s possible to download images attached but they are not allowed to attach anything in email. So using email feature will be one way in that scenario.