Thread: How to install windows 8 RT in Micromax Funbook

How to install windows 8 RT in Micromax Funbook

I have Micromax Funbook and I want to know if I can install windows 8 RT on the same. I don’t mind rooting the tablet but I want to know all possibilities of installing windows 8 RT on Funbook. If it is possible then let me know how? Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Re: How to install windows 8 RT in Micromax Funbook

No chance!! You can’t install windows 8 RT on your Micromax Funbook. Its hardware won’t even support it. I don't think there might be anyone who might have tried out this hack and have got success. In case you want to try out something different then you can try Cyanbook CyanogenMod or Jelly Bean Custom ROM. They are custom roms and you will have to root your Funbook for the same, which will void its warranty.

Most of the tablets today have ARM Processors and as far as I am aware Windows 8 RT is made for ARM Processors. I mean ARM Processors are capable of handling it, so logically it seems possible. However, Windows RT isn't a retail version it comes preinstalled with Windows 8 RT certified tablets. So I guess it might be possible if someone comes with custom rom like Windows RT. I don’t think there is any hardware flaw in Micromax Funbook to handle windows 8 RT.

I will like to inform you all that Windows 8 RT runs on limited and specific ARM chips not on all. I agree it might be possible but it won’t happen soon. If anyone is interested in LINUX then I will suggest you that you can install LINUX on your Micromax Funbook. Just Google out “How to install linux on Micromax Funbook” and follow the most reliable site for installation process steps.
    Even I think that someone will have to come up with customize Windows 8 RT rom as I don’t think Microsoft will come up with any provisions and allow Windows 8 RT to be installed on android tablets.

I don’t think that will be possible at all. I am not just talking about Micromax Funbook but I am talking about other android tablets as they lack drivers/windows support for the processor. I just carried out a search and have gone through some videos that say “Install windows 8 on ipad and android tablets” but they are appearing false. However future Tablets might come up with dual-boot capability to load Windows RT on Android. A company called Insyde is working on Texas Instruments for bringing up UEFI boot to TI's OMAP processor for Windows RT but there is no information when they will come up with the same.

I won’t mind dual booting windows 8 RT with android on my Micromax Funbook but I am looking after a light of hope. I wish if someone could come up with a custom rom to give the feel of Windows 8 RT on Funbook.