Thread: Bing Voice Search doesn’t work in Nokia lumia 710

Bing Voice Search doesn’t work in Nokia lumia 710

As my title suggests Bing Voice Search doesn’t work in my newly bought Nokia lumia 710. When I launch the application, tap on speak then it says listening and after some time it asks me to speak again. I have tried speaking simple words like Facebook, Google etc but it doesn’t comes up with any result. There is nothing wrong with internet connection as I can access internet via Internet explorer and it works smoothly. There is surely something wrong with Bing Voice Search feature in my case. I want to know if anyone else has faced the same issue or it is specific in my case.

Re: Bing Voice Search doesn’t work in Nokia lumia 710

Bing voice search really sucks. I have lumia 800 and frankly speaking I don’t use it. Sometimes I am forced to speak again and again and most of the times I get an error message saying “Due to a temporary connection or service issue, we can't get results. Please try again later." Even though there is nothing wrong with my internet connection. I have tried rebooting my phone many times as soon as this error comes up but simply rebooting my phone doesn’t make any difference.

Try performing hard reset and see if that works.
    Turn off your phone
    Press Volume Down, Power and Camera buttons at the same time until your phone vibrates
    Once your phone vibrates, release Power button and keep Camera and Volume Down buttons pressed for more 5 seconds
    NOTE – Backup your personal data from the phone as hard reset will delete everything from your phone.

I have tried performing hard reset and I have performed it a couple of times but that’s not making any difference in my case. This issue is since the day I have bought this phone, so I feel there is something wrong with it. I’ll get my phone checked this weekend, until then if anyone is aware of any other solution that I can try out then do let me know. Any further help for fixing this issue will be appreciated.

First check if any latest update is available for your phone.
    Go to Settings > phone update and turn on “Notify me when new updates are found”
    You can also turn on “Use my mobile data connection to check for updates” if you want your phone to look for available updates by accessing your mobile phone internet package data.
    You can also find out if there is an update available for your phone via zune. When you connect your phone to your system and run launch zune software it automatically notifies you if new software updates are available.
    In case you see any software updates available you can follow some simple instruction within zune for updating your phone.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

“Notify me when new updates are found” and “Use my mobile data connection to check for updates” are already ON in my case. When I click on “Update” in my phone then it’s says “No update available”. So that means my phone is up to date right???