Thread: How to upgrade Windows Surface tablet running Windows RT to windows 8 pro

How to upgrade Windows Surface tablet running Windows RT to windows 8 pro

I have Windows Surface tablet running Windows RT and I wan to know how can I upgrade it to windows 8 pro??? I am not sure if that’s possible or not. If possible, then I will like to know how. I don’t have any issue with the tablet running Windows RT but windows 8 pro seem better. I have chatted about this with few college mates and some said that it might be possible where as some said it’s not. I am pretty confused by now. Hope someone over here will help me out.

Re: How to upgrade Windows Surface tablet running Windows RT to windows 8 pro

How about running windows 8 upgrade assistant?? If it might be possible then you will come to know about it. Just run it and let me know the result you get.

It’s not possible. Windows RT has been made especially as per Surface hardware component. I don’t think you will be able to upgrade to windows 8 pro by any hack. I also wanted to add that Windows Surface has ARM processors, ARM processors are capable of handling Windows RT but they won’t be able to handle windows 8. Windows 8 needs an x86 or x64 standard computer processors.

Yes that true, Surface has ARM processor and you won’t be able to run x86 versions of Windows on it. This question has been raised many times but frankly speaking there is no chance of upgrading Windows Surface tablet to windows 8 pro. If you don’t mind then ill suggest you to sell your Surface and get Surface pro. Surface pro is powered by Quad-core Intel Core i5 Processor and comes preinstalled with Windows 8 Pro. However it’s quite costly compared to your surface running Windows RT.

Windows Surface tablet running Windows RT is better compared to the surface tablet running windows 8 pro. I have come across people who are quite disappointed after getting surface pro. The main reason is that Microsoft Surface Pro has half the battery life of Surface RT. It’s obvious because of the power-hungry processor that it has.