Thread: Nokia Lumia 920 - Error code c101a006 while installing windows app

Nokia Lumia 920 - Error code c101a006 while installing windows app

Guys is there something wrong going on with windows app store??? I have bought Nokia Lumia 920 yesterday and since then I have been trying to install some applications from windows app store but every time I get Error code c101a006. So I just wanted to make it clear whether there is something wrong with the windows app store or there is something wrong in my phone.

Re: Nokia Lumia 920 - Error code c101a006 while installing windows app

Since when you are getting the error message? There are possibilities that there might be something wrong with windows app store server of your region. However, it is mostly fixed within couple of hours, in case you have crossed that time period then you can try out some basic trouble shooting like restarting your phone, clearing history, cache and cookies.

It’s been more than 30 hours, I have already tried out basic solutions like restarting the phone, clearing history, cache and cookies but these things are not making any difference in my case. I was thinking there might be some issue with their server but as it has been more than 30 hours I doubt my phone now.
    I have tried downloading the applications over wifi as well as 3g but no avail. I haven’t installed a single windows application in my phone. My friends don’t have a windows phone so that I can cross check the server with their phones and come to some conclusion.

In that case you can try performing soft reset. For soft reset you just have to press volume button down and power button together. You have to keep them pressed until your phone vibrates. If that doesn’t make any difference then you can contact Nokia support and address them your issue with the solutions that you might have tried so far.
    Just to share I have bought Nokia Lumia 510 and I do get the same error while installing applications from windows app store but it doesn’t last long. After a couple of tries I can download the app without any further issues. Since you have mentioned that it’s been more than 30 hours in your case, I guess there might be something wrong with your phone and soft reset would be worth a try.

I have tried performing soft reset but that’s not working out for me. I did it a couple of times but no luck. I am not getting that error randomly its constant since 30 hours. I have contacted Nokia support and I am waiting for a response from their side. Until then if you all can suggest me any different work around then please let me know. Further help regarding this issue will be appreciated.

If soft reset doesn’t make any difference then you can try performing hard reset. You can refer to below steps for hard reset.
    • Switch off your phone, press and hold Camera + Volume down + Power until your phone vibrates
    • Once your phone starts vibrating, release power key and keep pressing the Camera + Volume down for some more seconds.

Note - Back up all your personal data before performing hard reset as all those data will get erase after hard reset.

Error code c101a006 mostly comes up when there is something wrong going on with windows app store server. I have faced it quite a few times in my region as well. I am from UK and I am not facing any such issue right now, so you can simply set your Country to UK and language of your desire and cross check the server. Let me know if that works out for you, best of luck.