Thread: Iphone 5 starts opening applications when on call

Iphone 5 starts opening applications when on call

My iphone has started behaving weirdly, now a days when I am on call than it starts opening application on itself. I have noticed this thing many times, as soon as I pick up a call or call someone than after disconnecting the call I see applications opened. I don’t know what’s causing it do so, it works fine for the rest of the time. Has anyone else faced this issue???

Re: Iphone 5 starts opening applications when on call

Am not sure but as you have mentioned that this issue started suddenly I want to know if you have installed any application recently and doubt it??? If yes then you can uninstall recently installed application for the testing purpose. I guess some newly installed application is interfering with your call functionality.

I really don’t think so, I have installed some applications but things were running fine after installing them. I did not face any issue even after a week as well, it all started since 2 days.
    I think there is something wrong with the phone but I am not sure about it as it goes weird just when I am on call. Let me know if there is anything if I can try out rather than getting my iphone checked.

Have you tried resetting your iphones network settings??? Or updating its software?? If not, than perform those things first and check if your iphone works fine after that. If it doesn’t, than you can go ahead with restoring the iphone. If at all even that doesn’t make any difference in your case, than I will suggest you to get your phone checked from the nearest service center. I can’t think of anything else that might help.

I want to know if your screen goes off after you pick up the call?? If it doesn’t than there might be something wrong with your phones proximity sensor. If your screen doesn’t turn off after picking up the call than there are possibilities where your cheek or ear might be tapping the application on home screen to open. In case that’s not the issue then even I will suggest you to restore your iphone to factory settings. If you get the same response after restoring your iphone than there can be something wrong with the phone receiver or sensor, in both cases you will have to visit apple service center.

No proximity sensor is fine and it turns off the screen after I pick up a call, I guess there is something wrong with the phone receiver or sensor as you have pointed. I have tried restoring iphone to factory settings but I dint saw any improvement, so there is some kind of hardware issue and not software. I will get my iphone checked tomorrow itself and will let you know what service center people have to say about it. I really did not expected such hardware issue with my very new iphone 5.