Thread: Asus Zenbook UX31E shutdown randomly after upgrading to windows 8

Asus Zenbook UX31E shutdown randomly after upgrading to windows 8

I have Asus Zenbook UX31E and I was running windows 7 on the same. I have installed windows 8 a week ago and since then my laptop shuts down randomly. I don’t know what’s causing it to do so. It works fine for an hour and shuts down without any warning or error message. Has anyone faced similar issue after installing windows 7????

Re: Asus Zenbook UX31E shutdown randomly after upgrading to windows 8

I think there might be something wrong with your laptop and not windows 8. I want to know if this issue started after clean installation of windows 8 or after installing some third party programs or applications. If it has started after installing applications than you can uninstall them for testing purpose and cross check if your laptop works fine after that. If not then there might be some hardware fault and you will have to get your laptop checked.
    I need a better sig...PM me.

I don’t think there might be hardware fault, this random shutdown issue started just after installing windows 8. I dint had any issue while running windows 7 on the same laptop.
    I haven’t installed any third party application on my laptop; it’s having fresh copy of windows 8 and my backup, nothing else. Other than random shutdown I’ve noticed that my laptop remains heated for sometime after the shutdown, can that be because of battery????

It’s because of overheating, I guess your laptop cooling fan might not be able to dispatch the heat properly because of which your laptop gets overheated and gets shutdown. I want to share that I have faced similar issue once, I had an acer laptop and it used to shutdown randomly after some time. I had not carried much testing on it as it was quite new, I had simply took it to the acer service center and they told me that cpu was getting overheated because of improper cooling. I don’t know if they changed the cooling fan or the cpu but they fixed it within 3 days.

It seems to be a hardware issue to me as well, however have you tried updating the bios after installing windows 8??? Just check if your laptop is having the latest bios installed or not. If not, than install the latest bios and see if it starts working fine. You can get the latest bios form your laptops manufacturer site. Other than that install the recommended windows update as well.

See if you think that there is no hardware fault with your laptop than I will suggest you to revert back to windows 7 for testing purpose. If your laptop works fine on windows 7 than you will have to carry out more troubleshooting for windows 8. If it doesn’t than better get your laptop checked from the Asus service center.