Thread: Connect samsung galaxy y with Nokia PC Suite

Connect samsung galaxy y with Nokia PC Suite

I have bought Samsung galaxy y from one of my friend and I want to know if I can connect it with Nokia PC Suite. Actually my friends has lost the CD that he had got with the phone, he told that the pc suite was there In the CD. I have tried searching for Samsung galaxy y PC Suite over the web but I am not able to find it anywhere. I have Nokia PC Suite installed in my system, so I wanted to confirm if it will work with Samsung galaxy y or not.

Re: Connect samsung galaxy y with Nokia PC Suite

It won’t work, Samsung and Nokia are two different manufacturer and their Phones and drivers are quite different to compare it with each other. Just like you cannot use a Nokia battery in your Samsung phone you can’t use Nokia PC Suite with your phone as well. You will have to install a compatible pc suite for your phone only. It won’t work with any other company pc suite. You can install Samsung Kies software for your Samsung galaxy y from here .

Hey thanks for the above link, I have downloaded Samsung Kies software from there but when I am trying to install it than I am getting below error message.
    “Unable To Detect DirectX Device”
    My system is a bit old can that be an issue????

Yes, I'm using Windows 7 and on my pc I got it installed for testing and gave that to my friend using xp sp3 but he can't install results in some error. I think Kies probably won't support the old hardwares.

Moreover your error message is reg directx and try to update recent Directx from Microsoft website, to check your current one--->> Start >> Run and type DXDIAG

How old is your system? Can you let me know its specification so that I can have better idea of it??? Cross check if your system fulfills below Samsung Kies software requirement:
    Operating system: Windows XP SP3 or above (32bit); Windows Vista (32/64bit); Windows 7 (32/64bit)
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz or above recommended.
    Minimum RAM memory size: 1GB
    Free hard disk space: 500MB
    Screen resolution: 1024 X 768 (600), 32 bit or above
    Required software: Dot Net Framework 3.5 SP1 or above, Windows Media Player 10 or above, DirectX 9.0C

As far as I can guess your system might not be having DirectX 9.0C installed and you will have to install it first for installing direct x.