Thread: Micromax Funbook tablet freezes on bootloader image

Micromax Funbook tablet freezes on bootloader image

Something went wrong with my Micromax Funbook tablet, I had turned it off last night but since morning I am not able to get it started. I mean when I press the power button than it comes up till bootloader image and gets freeze. I have to power it off and turn it on again but I simply cannot get past that screen. What might have gone wrong? Any idea ? As far as I remember it was kept untouched.

Re: Micromax Funbook tablet freezes on bootloader image

I guess there is some kind of hardware issue in your Micromax Funbook tablet, may be the battery. Have you tried plugging it in to charging and turning it on?? If you haven’t that you can try it out. If that doesn’t work than better visit nearest Micromax service center and get it checked.
    xp1800 overclocked to 2.4ghz
    an35n-400u mobo
    256mb of adata ddr500
    maxtor dimondmax8 40gb 7200rpm
    geforce4 ti4400
    52x32x52x16 cd-rw/dvd combo
    Tt 420watt psu

Service Support ?

I doubt if its due to hardware issue, I mean it was kept untouched and it was working quite well last night. It seems something went wrong after turning off but I am not able to make out exactly what.
    I don’t mind getting it checked from the nearest service center but it’s far from my place. I will have to wait till weekend but until than if there is any other solution that I can try than please let me know

Try turning your Micromax Funbook tablet in recovery mode, in order to do that follow below steps:
    • Press Power button, Volume up button and Menu button at the same time for 10 seconds
    • If you get screen with android sign than you can use volume button for scrolling and select factory reset option using the power button.
    • Once your Funbook gets reset to factory setting that you might get your Funbook working again
    • Note – Data saved in tablets memory will be lost but your memory card data will remain intact.
    Your every word defines my existence, world and self.

I have tried performing what you have mentioned but it’s not working out for me. I want to know how much time it will take to get it replaced ?? I mean if there is any hardware issue and there is a need for replacement than within what time period ill get it back?

I have a very bad experience with my Micromax Funbook tablet and their service center. There was overheating issue with my Funbook and I had sent it for replacement. They said that it will take one month for getting it replaced, however after a month when I got it back I found the same tablet. They had not replaced it, they had simply replaced the battery and had sent it back to me. It worked fine for a month but later same overheating issue started and now its lying under my desk and I don’t even care to check it.
    I won’t say that Micromax comes up with poor quality tablets as some of my friends have bought same Funbook and it is working out for them like a charm but their service centers are just worst.