Thread: Cannot install windows XP 64 Bit on HP G62-a10SE Notebook

Cannot install windows XP 64 Bit on HP G62-a10SE Notebook

I am trying to install windows XP 64 Bit on my HP G62-a10SE Notebook but I am not able to find latest sata drivers for it. Currently I am having windows xp installed on my Notebook. I have tried installing old sata drivers first by hitting F6 but I get an error message saying “Setup could not find a floppy drive on your machine to load oem drivers from floppy disk”. If I skip F6 process that I get a blue screen.

Re: Cannot install windows XP 64 Bit on HP G62-a10SE Notebook

First try bios setting mode to IDE instead of AHCI and then try installing sata driver by F6 process. Hope you are having windows XP Sp2 64 Bit Raid Sata driver. Since you have mentioned that you are getting a blue screen error when you are skipping the F6 process, can you just post the blue screen error code so that I can have better idea of the issue you are going through.

Yes I am having windows XP Sp2 64 Bit Raid Sata driver and that’s the only sata driver I’ve came across. I am getting below error code.

Stop: 0x0000007B
    It says a problem has been detected and windows have been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

I have gone through Bios and I don’t see any option for switching to IDE instead of AHCI. Is there anything that I can try out further????

I have checked out for Stop: 0x0000007B and have come across below guide, just go through it and see if you are getting any help.

Advanced troubleshooting for "Stop error code 0x0000007B (INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE)" errors in Windows XP

There can be different causes of this error. All causes with possible solution have been discussed in above guide, best of luck.

There are many people who had faced such issue while installing windows XP 64 Bit, actually many hardware manufacturers have not yet come up with 64 bit driver for their hardware and windows xp does not support AHCI mode natively. You will have to switch SATA mode to IDE from Bios, There are some third party vendors providing 64 Bit drivers but is difficult to find them. As far as “Setup could not find a floppy drive on your machine to load oem drivers from floppy disk” error is concerned, I will suggest you to use flash drive.

I have tried installing the driver from flash drive but it seems as if it is not getting recognized in F6 process. I still get that floppy disk error, what are my options further??? Will I be able to install windows xp 64 Bit on HP G62-a10SE Notebook or not????

I will suggest you to better install windows 7 rather than installing windows xp 64 Bit. Windows 7 has compatible driver for almost all hardware’s. If not than you can try installing windows xp from expert-programerz.blogspot, I have found some people mentioning that it has sata drivers for all version of windows and you won’t have to install it separately. It will get installed automatically while installing windows. I haven’t tried it out myself but have got positive response from quite a few people. Just Google out “Windows XP Geniune with 100% Full version” and refer to expert-programerz.blogspot site for download.