Thread: App store on iPhone comes up with white screen

App store on iPhone comes up with white screen

Is there something wrong with apple app store or there’s something wrong with ios6?? I have updated my iphone 4 to ios6 and since then whenever I am trying to login in to app store I just get a white screen. I have tried restarting my phone a couple of times but that’s not making any difference and I keep getting the same screen every time.

Re: App store on iPhone comes up with white screen

No there’s nothing wrong with app store its working fine in my case, even I have updated my iphone 3g recently. I want to know if you have tried out a soft reset? If not, then give that a try and see if that’s making any difference. You can try logging in and logging out a couple of times as well. Just try out these things first and let me know the response you get so that I can have better idea of your case.

Try this:
    Go to Settings>General>Date and Time>Set Automatically to “Off”, Set the date to 2013 and try updating the apps.
    If you get an error message than go back to settings, set the date and time to automatically again and cross check if app store is working fine after that.
    If it doesn’t than go in to Settings>Privacy>Location Services>System Services and turn off “Location Based iAds”.
    I am not sure if these things will work out for you or not but this trick has helped some in similar situation.

I am going through similar situation but not exactly the same, in my case I can log in to app store and search for the app I want. However, when I click on that app than I get a white screen, I can’t pass. I am not getting that white screen for any specific apple but it’s simply implied to all. I have tried resetting my phone, I have tried logging in and log in out many times but these things are not making any difference. I think there is something wrong with app store but since people are still discovering issues in IOS6 I am not that sure about it.

I guess you both will have to do a factory reset, I can’t think of any other solution that might help. So if you all don’t mind doing that, than back up your phone and proceed.
    Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings
    Do let me know if factory reset fixes your issue.
    This is a figment of your imagination.

Guys you can surely try performing a factory reset but I just wanted to add that I’ve come across some people who were facing this issue a week ago. Most of them had mentioned that they had to do a full restore for getting rid of the white screen. Even apple official’s had asked some to perform it when they had contacted them. In case you don’t find factory reset to be helpful then you can perform a full restore, just make sure that you are backing up your crucial information/data before performing restore.
    Break it-So we can Fix It

Why don’t you all just download New App Store from the Apple website? I think doing that will be a better idea. I have downloaded it just after updating my iphone to ios6 and I haven’t faced any issue as such.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

Factory reset had not made any difference in my case, anyways a full restore seem to have worked. I can now access app store without any issue, so rather than performing factory reset and wasting time I will suggest others to directly proceed with full restore. I will download New App Store from the Apple website as well to keep my Iphone updated.
    If I post, it's because I have something to say, not just to up my board count.