Thread: Need iphone 4 screen

Need iphone 4 screen

Yesterday I dropped my iphone 4 after a party and its screen got cracked. Anyways I want to know where can I get a new screen, will it be worth getting the screen replaced or I should get a new one? What do you think guys? Will I be able to replace the screen myself? Any suggestion?

Re: Need iphone 4 screen

I think replacing the screen will be a better idea, you can get it from ebay for $29. If you want than you can check out apple store as well, I am not sure but they might be selling replacement screen. If you have any experience in replacing screens previously than you might be able to replace it yourself without anyone’s help.

$29 seems to be perfect, I thought it will cost me more and that’s why I was thinking out getting a new one rather than getting the screen replaced. I don’t think there is anything else wrong with the phone, it’s just the screen. However, I don’t have any experience in replacing the screen but if anyone can guide me out than I surely give it a try, what say??? What if I buy the screen from ebay and get it replaced by a locale? Will that so?

If your locale doesn’t mind, than that will be a better option rather than trying to replace the screen yourself. There are possibilities you might damage the new screen while replacing, since you don’t have any experience in that. If your locale agrees to replace it by charging you some buck than you won’t have any worries.

Hey KOVID, Just Google out “Installing iPhone 4 Front Glass Display Assembly “ and follow the guide on ifixit site. They are having a very god guide with images for replacing iphone 4 screen. They have explained everything in detail and step by step, if you follow it thoroughly than I think you will be able to replace it yourself. There won’t be any need of paying any locale to replace it for you. Just check it out and let me know if you gain some confidence after going through the guide.

I have gone through that guide and am feeling better now, I think I will try replacing the screen myself. Hope it will be simple as it appears in the guide. Last thing I wanted to know is where can I get the instruments that they have used?? I don’t know what was it, they were not appearing completely in images.

Just Google out “Apple Iphone 4 4g (AT&T) Black Screen Glass Replacement Digitizer with Frame + LCD Assembly + 6 Piece Tool Kit”. You will get the screen as well as the instrument required for $25 at amazon. I don’t think you will get any better deal than this, be careful next time.