Thread: Sony Vaio SVS15116FXS wont boot from CD

Sony Vaio SVS15116FXS wont boot from CD

Something wrong is going on with my Sony Vaio SVS15116FXS, its no booting from CD. I have set its Optical Drive as first boot device in BIOS. I can hear the cd spinning after inserting it, I don’t even get any message saying "Press any key to boot from CD..." as well. I have checked out the same CD on other working system and it boots up fine there, so I am quite sure that there’s wrong with the vista installation disc that I am having. There something wrong with my system, has anyone faced any issue like this and can help me out dealing it???

Re: Sony Vaio SVS15116FXS wont boot from CD

Have you tried pressing F11 key or F8 key constantly while booting? If not, than tap F11 key or F8 key constantly, enter Advanced Boot Menu and select CDROM from there. If that doesn’t work, than you can try disconnecting all other devices from your system while booting. In that case your system won’t detect hard drives and all and will be forced to boot from CD. Just try out what I’ve mentioned and let me know the result you get.

I don't have any issue with the optical drive, it reads CD but I am not able to make out why my system is failing to boot from CD. I have tried pressing F10 but I just here beeps and nothing else. I have tried disconnecting all drives connected to my system board but in that case I am getting an error message saying "Operating System not found". I am not sure if this issue has started suddenly or it was there since I bought this laptop as I haven’t tried booting from a bootable disk before. Is there anything else that I need to check out???

If your laptop optical drive is functioning properly than there might be something wrong with windows or bios. In that case you can try updating your board bios, you can download latest version of bios from board manufacturer site. Just make sure that you are downloading latest one. If that doesn’t work than you can try system restore, I would have suggested you to repair windows but you won’t be able to do that as your disk is not getting recognized. Anyways what’s making you to boot from CD?? Is there any issue you are running in to?

Actually I was trying to boot from cd to repairing windows, something is wrong with my system from past some days. I had encountered 3 BSOD yesterday, I had a word about it with my friends and they had suggested me to do system restore. I try to system restore but it had not made any difference so today I was willing to do a system restore using my Vista cd. I was surprise to find my laptop refusing to booth form CD. I am really not able to make out cause of this issue and I want to get rid of those BSOD as soon as possible, further help regarding this issue will be highly appreciated.

See if you are not able to boot from CD than you can create a USB Flash Drive to Recover Windows Vista. I am not sure if that will help but you can surely give it a try.
    Break it-So we can Fix It