Thread: iphone 3g keeps rebooting after updating to ios6

iphone 3g keeps rebooting after updating to ios6

I have updated my iphone 3g to ios6 and since then my iphone keeps rebooting randomly. I don’t know what’s causing it to do so. I was not having any such issue before and it worked fine for a couple of days after updating it to ios6. Something went wrong with it suddenly and I am not able to make out what. I never had this issue while using ios6, it seems as if ios6 has messed up something. What can I do to fix this issue???

Re: iphone 3g keeps rebooting after updating to ios6

Rebooting can occur because of the hardware as well as the software issue, since you have mentioned that you have updated your phone recently, I think it is because of software. In that case I will suggest you to restore your phone using itunes and check out if that makes any difference. If not than you will have to get it checked from nearest apple service center.

You can follow these steps for restoring your iphone with iTunes:
    • First Launch iTunes in your computer and Connect your iphone to it.
    • Once your phone gets recognized, select it within iTunes, if you don’t see it than click on “Show” button
    • Now click on “Summary” tab and click on “Restore” button, you will get a prompt from itunes for backing up your device. If you want to restore it to factory settings then click on “Don’t Back Up” and click on restore on further confirmation screen.
    • Try it out and let us know if simply restoring your iphone helps you out in getting rid of this rebooting issue.

Please follow the below steps as mentioned.
    • Switch off your phone, take out SIM Card
    • Switch on your phone, go into Settings > General > Network and make sure that 3G and Cellular Data are on
    • Now insert SIM card into your phone and let it get registered to network
    • Once your phone gets registered, wait for 5 minutes and turn 3G and Cellular Data off
    • I haven’t tried this out myself but I have found some mentioning that doing this had helped them out in similar situation.

I have iphone 4 and I haven’t updated it to ios6, anyways I had faced this issue while I had updated my iphone to ios5. This is what I had tried to fix it.
    • Just put your iphone into Airplane Mode, go in to Settings > General > Network, check if 3G and Cellular Data are on, if not then turn them on.
    • Turn off your iPhone and turn it on, now turn off Airplane mode and let your phone register itself to the network.
    • Now wait for a couple of minutes and turn 3G and Cellular Data off and you are done.

I think there is some kind of hardware issue with my ophone and not software, I have tried restoring my iphone with itunes and have followed both tricks suggested further but these things are not making any difference in my case. I will better get my phone checked tomorrow itself. I should have updated my iphone to ios6.