Thread: Internet not working on 3G after updating iPhone 4S to iOS 6

Internet not working on 3G after updating iPhone 4S to iOS 6

I have updated my iPhone 4S to iOS 6b and since then internet is not working on 3G. Internet works fine on wifi but I don’t know what’s wrong with it for 3g. I do see 4 bars after switching 3G on but I can’t access internet. Has anyone else faced anything like this or has any idea about this issue??

Re: Internet not working on 3G after updating iPhone 4S to iOS 6

Same here, iOS 6 has made some changes because of which internet is not working on 3G anymore. Things are fine on wifi but I want to sort out this issue as soon as possible. By now I have tried switching off and on cellular network and have tried restoring iOS 6 via iTunes to factory defaults as well but no avail, I cannot get it work. Let me know if you come across any update for fixing this issue.

Even I have tried out all those things for fixing same issue in my case but they are not making any difference. It is really disappointing, I need to get 3G working as soon as possible as I don’t have wifi connection everywhere. This issue is making my phone useless, I never faced any such issue before updating my iphone 4 to ios 6. I am really regretting on my decision of updating my iphone, I should have waited for a month and more to know about this issue rather than running in to them.

iOS 6 is full of bugs guys, you can count me in for this issue. Internet works fine on wifi but not on 3g, I have tried out all possible solutions from my side including downgrading to 5.1 and updating to ios6 again but no avail. Issue is still the same, everything works like a charm in 5.1. I have been looking after a fix for this issue everywhere and have gone through many threads but I haven’t come across effective solution to try out. It seems as if I will have to downgrade to 5.1 and stick to it as I don’t see any apple official addressing this issue on their support as well.

It seems to be a carrier issue, has any of you tried resetting Network ? If not than give that a try and see if it is making any difference. You just have to go in to Settings > General > Reset > and click on “Reset Network Settings”. Let me know if that helps, best of luck.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

That dint made any difference, I have tried it out quite a few times and have rebooted my phone each time but it’s just not working. Is there any other workaround that I can try out further?? Any further help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

I have found a fix for you all, this issue is because iOS6 updates changes existing Cellular Data Network settings of the APN. In order to fix this issue just try out the below steps.
    • Go in to Settings > General > Cellular > and turn off “Cellular Data” for enabling Cellular Data Network.
    • Now click on Cellular Data Network and you should see some options as per your carrier, if you know your APN settings than you can modify them and turn Cellular Data on again.
    • After that you just have to switch off and switch on your phone and Internet should work fine.

In case you don’t remember you carrier apn setting than you can contact your carrier and know about it.

bootload your ios 5 iphone 4s with geniune ios 6 software (!!!!!!) check for bugs then debug once ios 6 installed run your menu disable the LTE settings scince the iphone 4s 2012 currently versions run on LTE bootload the 4s to its root menu uninitiallize the LTE Key reboot the phone 4 go to your menu 3G is restored 4g is not vissiblie