Thread: Battery is draining faster since updating iphone 4 to iOS 6

Battery is draining faster since updating iphone 4 to iOS 6

I have updated my iphone 4 to iOS 6 and my phones battery is draining like hell. I want to know if this is an issue in my case or there is something seriously wrong with ios 6 update. I did not had any such issue before updating my phone. I am just at loss, I have tried rebooting phone several times but that’s simply not making any difference.

Re: Battery is draining faster since updating iphone 4 to iOS 6

This issue is just not in your case, there are many people who are facing this issue after updating to iOS 6. I just hate my phone nowadays, I should have not updated it. I have to charge its battery thrice a day, it wasn’t like that before. Apple have stated that iOS 6 will improve battery life but they seem to be fooling us all. If they don’t fix it soon and leave this like that than I will better get Samsung android phones from now.

I am not sure about your case but I was running in to same battery draining issue a couple of days ago. While going through the settings I found Genius for Apps, Location-Based iAds, Traffic, and Maps from Location Services were turned on. They were turned on automatically since ios6 update but later when I turned them off my battery performance got improved. So just check out in Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services, close mentioned services and see if you are getting any help from that. Other than these things you can also turn off Tunes, Passbook Updates, & Reading List from Settings > General > Cellular.

I have tried turning off those things but I don’t see much difference, issue still exist. I think we will need a patch from apple for fixing this issue. I don’t know when they’ll come up with that patch as they are quite busy in fixing other reported issue. I just want them to give this battery issue priority and fix it as soon as possible, hoping for the best, never expected apple to come up with so many issues in iOS 6, really disappointed.

Try turning below things and you should get a better battery life, Just to share I have updated my iphone 4 to iOS 6 and its battery was draining quite faster but as soon as I disabled below things all is good.
    • Settings >General >About >Advertising >Limit Ad Tracking - OFF
    • Settings >General >About >Diagnostics & Usage - "Don't send"
    • Settings >General >Cellular >Passbook Updates – OFF

Just try it out guys.
    Wishlist: Nothing.