Thread: Shortcuts for messages not working since updating to iOS 6

Shortcuts for messages not working since updating to iOS 6

I have upgraded my iphone 4s to iOS 6 and since updating it shortcuts for messages are not working. I am kind of addicted to shortcuts while messaging and since it is not working I am missing it . I will like to know if there is anything I can try to get them working, Thanks in advance.

re: Shortcuts for messages not working since updating to iOS 6

If you have updated to iOS 6, you will have to retype your shortcuts. In order to do that just go to settings >General >Keyboard >Add new shortcut and retype the shortcuts that you might be using before. Many people had reported about it and this is the only fix that I have come across, check it out and let me know if it helps.

Re: Shortcuts for messages not working since updating to iOS 6

So now I have retyped all shortcuts that I was using before but none of them is working. It appears as if they are not getting recognized. I have tried deleting and adding them quite a few times and have rebooted my phone after adding them, thinking that they’ll get recognized after that but no luck. Is there anything that I can try out further? If yes than please share it here, it will be highly appreciated.

Re: Shortcuts for messages not working since updating to iOS 6

I have checked out for this and have found that this issue is because of iCloud syncing. Just check and see if "Documents & Data" is turned off in your case. If yes than turn it on and try to use added shortcuts. You simply have to toggle "Documents & Data" off and back on, it in Settings > iCloud > Documents & Data. I have come across many people facing this issue and most of them have mentioned this workaround to be working. In case it doesn’t work you can try out resetting Keyboard Dictionary as well, few have mentioned resetting the Keyboard Dictionary has helped them out – Settings > General >Reset >Reset Keyboard Dictionary.
    If PrAcTiCe MaKeS pErFeCt AnD nObOdY iS pErFeCt WhY pRaTiCe...ThAtS wHaT pEoPlE mAkE hAcKs FoR