Thread: Multiple Firefox errors on Android ICS tablet

Multiple Firefox errors on Android ICS tablet

I do not know others are facing this issue of not but it looks Firefox is quiet not happy with Android. I have a 10 inch ICS Tablet from local manufacturer. While download Opera from Google Play I found Firefox. I installed both. Compared to Opera, Firefox download take quiet longer time. It can be the file size. Everything went well. Compared to surfing on Opera, Firefox crashes on more. While loading up the browser there are some number of errors related to missing files. I do not know how to troubleshoot the same.

Opera is quiet more stable. Even if it freezes I can turn the same off and restart it back again. Does there is any fix available for the same.

Re: Multiple Firefox errors on Android ICS tablet

Firefox is quiet buggy on Android. You can do nothing in the same. I had seen the same on my smartphone and the same thing happens. It freezes a lot making it hard to surf online. I am using Chrome by the way which I think is much better compared to any other browser.

I was facing flash lines around Chrome in ICS. It is like some kind of orange border that blinks continuously when you load it. I do not know that is the issue with setup or some kind of app in the background. But I agree with the issue of Firefox on Android. The issue is common on other version also. Mozilla is still not capable of giving a bug free browser for Android. The download size of Firefox is quiet higher. The version that is available right now on Google Play has not yet received any kind of updates. I love to use Firefox on my pc, but still the same thing is quiet buggy in ICS.

Also there is lot more changes in the interface. Firefox is not at all compatible with number of devices. You would be lucky if that works easily without causing much issue. Opera is best for mobile platform. Either you use the same on smartphone or tablet. It works like charm. The download is easy. It ask you to save the file on your preferred location. You can open multiple web pages in different tabs and wipe out the history when not needed. It is not at all complicated to use.

So for start if you need to surf well you must stick with opera. Remove Firefox for sometime. We can expect to get a better version of the same in coming time. It does not looks Mozilla is serious about this.

That is right. I had posted a tons of question based on Android crashing on Mozilla forums. What I get in return is replies for other people who are facing the same thing. They clearly stated that it is buggy and will not work well on Android.

It is recommended that you must not overload your browser with useless add-ons. This makes the browser buggy. I had seen many people who are facing this type of issue has some add-ons in it. I am not sure about the chrome issue. Crashing or freezing are some of the known issue that you see in the portable devices. If you are facing any major issue with Chrome then you can try the below link that will provide you information on known issues of Chrome on Android. About Firefox I had found that there is some issue with the processing stuff due to which you are getting those bugs. A tablet processor is very low. It does not support enhanced operation that you usually never notice in a pc.

Also the browser tries to optimize the website to work well on the tablet screen which forces some scripts to run in the background. This crashes and make the browser buggy. Android is still not a fully developed bug free operating system. There are ample of things which are still tested on the same. There is a beta edition and a updated one on Google Play. You can two anyone of them. I had found that a number of time the beta is find to be good. There are other more browsers that you can go for and it offers you a better support compared to Firefox.

Chrome Troubleshooting on Android

The best browser according to me on Android is Maxthon. It is nicely made and comes with all features that you are usually looking for. It does not has any complicated items in it making tough to perform number of functions.

Give up using Firefox. There is another faster browser on Google Play. It is called as Opera Mini Next web browser. You can test this out. It is very fast and offers you simple surfing options. I was using Firefox for last couple of week. I never face issue. But when I try to view some online videos on Youtube it freezes like hell. I am on high speed wifi network. It offers me great bandwidth but I am not able to understand still it does not gives me instant pages. It takes a lot long time to load. If I open more than one tab, it starts freezing. The same issue is never noticed in Opera. I added Opera Mini Next which comes with a enhanced cache feature. It offers you to open your most visiting pages in lighting speed.

This browser is actually designed for performance. You must remember one thing. A tablet processor lack better multi-tasking support That is the reason you can't get a good performance on tab browsing. Surf on single tab at a time and your browser will never freeze. I tried to save lots of images and download files. Check that your tablet back end applications are closed. You can use a task killer for that. A task killer simply ends up all the processing making the ram available for other processes.

That can be a valid reason. A tablet cpu does not support multi-tasking and we are trying to perform more than one process at a time. Like downloading games from Google Play and surfing on the same time. I had seen common laggy issue. I hope this issue is also associated with Firefox performance.

If you need simple interface without a heavy browser which takes time to load then download Dolphin Browser. Firefox might take time to improve on Android. Dolphin is more than a browser. It is one of the easiest web surfing app I ha seen. It is good for smartphones and offer you nice options. There are number of integrated features like Sonar which allows you to search on web and other sites.

The gesture feature allow you to control your surfing habits just by a simple touch. To add-up new stuff you can visit the add-on section to get new stuff. The browser has some internal way of improving the site content making it easy readable. It also support tab browsing and has a sidebar for multiple usage.

Well there is no limited amount of browsers available for Android. You can switch to any other if you face issue with one. Firefox is still under development process I think. It works in many other devices well.