Thread: Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE worth it?

Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE worth it?

I am planning to buy a new smartphone for myself and while searching for one on internet, I came across Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE. This phone got my attention and thus I was planning to buy it. I read its specifications and all. But I want to know if this phone is worth or should I get myself another phone. Can someone who has purchased it or used Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE tell me about it?

Re: Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE worth it?

The best thing about Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE is that it has its bootloader unlocked. I think that this will help us to get more internal memory other than external memory. With unlocked bootloader, we can delete the inbuilt apps and install new ones in its place. It is like we are getting the administrator’s right over this phone. So if you are going to use this phone for running apps and other such stuff, then this phone is great for you. But be careful, if you mess with system files in this phone, you can get the phone bricked or unusable.

Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE features a quad core processor in it. This means, this smartphone will be faster than most of the smart0phones available in the market. Equipped with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, it will provide you with good multitasking features which you can utilize for business as well as entertainment use. You can have music player, games as well as internet turned on at same time without having to compromise on processing speed from any of them. Also with a physical keypad, multitasking will become easier.

I think that display of this smartphone makes it worthit to buy. With 4.6 inches of display, this smartphone is neither too large nor too small. Also the display provides a good clarity which is useful in watching videos or playing games. Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE features Gorilla Glass 2 which is one of the toughest glasses available for the smartphones. It is also scratch resistant and also durable. I think that this phone is one big package for people who want to use it for multiple purposes.

One positive thing I liked about Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE is that it is not region locked. Many times we see that certain smartphones don’t accept the networks and connections of regions from where it is manufactured. Like the phone will work in North America with local network, but not with the network of other regions. But Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE is one such phone which doesn’t have this region restrictions and locks. It can be used in any part of the world. Again the size of the smartphone is good which makes it easier and comfortable to carry it around. Even with physical keyboard, Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE is thin.

Nowadays we see that most of the smartphones are built with the unibody. The smartphones are designed such that battery is locked in it. But Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE is not designed so. You can remove the battery and again place it in. So even if you run out of the battery and don’t have any charging points nearby, you can just use a spare battery in it. We know that high battery consumption is a common problem with most of the smartphones. But Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE has given us option to replace the exhausted battery with a full one.

I think that Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE should have been made with Nvidia Tegra 3 graphic processor in it. With such a large sized display screen and physical keyboard, I think this smartphone could have made itself into one of the best smartphones available for gaming. Also with a removable battery in this phone, the power too wouldn’t have been a big issue. I hope that developers bring out the next phone in this series with the Nvidia Tegra 3 graphic processor in it.