Thread: Wishtel Ira Comet HD vs Micromax Funbook Pro

Wishtel Ira Comet HD vs Micromax Funbook Pro

After Micromax launches Funbook Pro with 10.1inch Screen, it seems like manufacturer turning towards budget 10.1inch tablets. Today Wishtel launched their own new Ira Comet HD tablet with 10.1inch tablet pc for the same price of Funbook Pro, i.e. 9,999/- Rupees.

Now i was ready to book one Funbook Pro for my kid, but it seems like their are two options. Hence i would like to know some suggestion from you all techies with which to go now ? Can you guys please compare these two and suggest me the best one?

Re: Wishtel Ira Comet HD vs Micromax Funbook Pro

Both of these tablets are very much similar to each other hence it will be difficult to decide the best of them. Both are having the same 10.1inch screen, 1.2GHz processor, 1GB RAM and 8GB internal storage capacity. Even the connectivity features are same, i.e. 3G, WiFi, Micro USB port, etc.

The only difference in both of these tabs is there is a 2 megapixel rear camera in Wishtel Ira Comet HD with front VGA camera whereas its missing in Funbook Pro. it has only VGA front camera and no rear camera. So, you can go with any of these, there is nothing to worry because even price for both are same

Quote Originally Posted by Akiraa View Post
    Both of these tablets are very much similar to each other hence it will be difficult to decide the best of them. Both are having the same 10.1inch screen, 1.2GHz processor, 1GB RAM and 8GB internal storage capacity. Even the connectivity features are same, i.e. 3G, WiFi, Micro USB port, etc.

The only difference in both of these tabs is there is a 2 megapixel rear camera in Wishtel Ira Comet HD with front VGA camera whereas its missing in Funbook Pro. it has only VGA front camera and no rear camera. So, you can go with any of these, there is nothing to worry because even price for both are same
    Yeah, thats correct. Thats the only difference but there is a doubt as well. As i checked on Wishtel's official site, they say there is only 1.3 MP rear camera, whereas various sites have mentioned 2MP. That needs to be cleared.

One more difference i know about is we get Mali 400 GPU in Funbook Pro that provides us a great experience of HD games and HD video games. And of talk about Ita Comet, according to their manufacturers, there is a 3D Graphics technology to provide breathtaking experiences. I would like experience this technology as well.

Personally, i have used Wishtel Ira Thing 2 as well as Funbook 1. Both were too good in performance as per their budget price. The only think i noticed bad with Funbook was overheating, whereas no such problem in Wishtel but still it was good. Now again they combat with their individual 10inches tablets and i think these two are also very good.

Lets have a look on their individual specifications:

Wishtel Ira Comet HD
    • 10.1-inch TFT screen
    • Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
    • 1.2GHz processor
    • 1GB RAM
    • 8GB internal memory, expandable up to 32GB
    • 5500 mAh battery
    • 2.0MP rear camera, VGA front facing camera
    • 3G (dongle support), Wi-Fi, micro-USB, microSD card, mini-HDMI

Funbook Pro
    • 10.1-inch (1024 x 600 pixels) capacitive touch screen display
    • Android 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich) OS
    • 1.2 GHz Cortex A8 processor with Dual Mali 2D/3D Graphics processor.
    • 0.3MP VGA front-facing camera
    • 1GB RAM, 8GB internal memory that is expandable up to 32GB with micro SD
    • HD video playback (MPEG2/4, AVI, WMV, MOV)
    • 3G (via USB Dongle), WiFi b/g, USB 2.0, HDMI out
    • 5600 mAh battery that offers up to 5h browsing time