Thread: USB or wifi tether working on Motorola Photon Q

USB or wifi tether working on Motorola Photon Q

Finally i got my Motorola Photon Q three days ago. After playing with all of its features i finally came to know that there is no option built in for tethering, neither USB nor WiFi tethering. I tried to search a lot on web but no success. Some one told me that could be possible after unlocking the device, so i did it. thanks to your article: How to use Motorola “Unlock My Device” Bootloader Tool . Now what ? Do any one of you guys have any tips or suggestions to enable USB or WiFi tethering in Photon Q ? If yes, please share. I need it.

Re: USB or wifi tether working on Motorola Photon Q

I haven't got my hands yet on Photon Q but i guess there will be some option for tethering as it is android device. Did you checked for the same in Options properly? oopss, you must have checked it obviously. If it is not there, than search Google Play for some tethering apps. There are many USB as well as WiFi tethering options available for android based devices. You can check few of them from this URL.

There are few very good and effective tethering apps which i have used. you should try out those. First is "Wireless Tether for Root Users" It is free app and works great with easy configuration. if you want you can download it from here

Another is FoxFi. This is what i am using now a days. You have already rooted your mobile, great, but this app also works on unrooted smartphones or tablets. This is also free and very light in weight. You can download the same from here try out these both and let me know if you face any problem.

I have already tried both of these (above mentioned) apps but noone of them worked with my Photon Q. After long workaround and testing, finally i came through PdaNet 3.50. It started working in the first attempt. So, instead of wasting your time on other apps, simply go to Google Play and download PdaNet 3.50