Thread: Backlight stays off in Motorola Photon Q

Backlight stays off in Motorola Photon Q

Something is going wrong with my Motorola Photon Q, it was working fine by now but just few hours ago Its Backlight started going off and doesn’t lights up again. I have to do a hard reset to get backlight working again but that’s not fixing the issue. It does the same thing next time Backlight gets off automatically. I cannot keep on doing hard reset every time, so I wanted to know if there is anything else that I can try out to end fix this issue permanently?

Re: Backlight stays off in Motorola Photon Q

Not sure what might be causing the issue, since you have mentioned that doing a hard reset it is helping to get Backlight working again until it goes off next time. I will suggest you to restore it to factory setting and check if that’s fixing the issue permanently. I also wanted to know whether you have unlocked your phones bootloader or not? Try out what I’ve suggested and post back so that I can have better idea of your phones Backlight issue.

I have just cone across one who isrunning in to same issue, I don’t know what might be causing Backlight to stay off after screen lockout but you can try out a simple temporary fix. You can go in to setting > display > and select never time out. There is a video on you tube as well, if you want then you can Google out ‘Moto photon q backlight out after screen lock” and check it out. If you are not satisfied with this temporary solution then I don’t think there might be anything you will be able to try out further rather than getting it checked from service center.

No I havent unlocked my Motorola Photon Q bootloader, I have tried out restoring phone to factory reset but that dint helped. Currently I have tried setting > display > never time out thing and its helping as well but I will better get it checked this weekend.

Let me know if you come across any update for fixing this issue permanently.