Thread: Is it worth to have SkyDrive app on Android devices

Is it worth to have SkyDrive app on Android devices

Finally Microsoft have launched their cloud based skydrive for Android as well and can be downloaded here.

But as an Android user, i would like to know whether it is worth to have Sky Drive also where we already have Google's own Google Drive on our Android tablets or smartphones ? What extra can we get from SkyDrive compared to Google Drive ?

Re: Is it worth to have SkyDrive app on Android devices

Yes offcourse it is as worth as Google Drive, if you actually use Cloud for saving your data. Though now a days people have 8Gb to 16GB Sd Card, still they feel short of space. in such cases Cloud storage is too worthy. And talking about SkyDrive, it offers you 7GB cloud storage that is more than enough to store your data safely. Further more, it is Free application by Microsoft and very light, just 3Mb. I already installed it in my Tab and moved by data to safe place.

It was great news for me when i heard they launched SkyDrive for Android as well. Am using the same since last 3 years when there was no iCloud or Google Drive. Also if we compare it with Google Drive, we get 2 GB extra, i.e. 7GB whereas we get only 5Gb with G.Drive.

Best part for me is, i am having built-in 8GB storage on my Funbook Pro, through it is expandable upto 32GB, it is good to store data on cloud instead of Microsd Card, that slow downs our tabs. So, i have about 4.5Gb on Google drive and now i can save more 7 GB by installing SkyDrive. It is good, go ahead.

Nice suggestions guys. I want to ask you one thing. Like Google Drive offers Offline viewing, do Skydrive also provide the same ? Or we need to be connected with internet for viewing our files ?

Quote Originally Posted by Chung-Hee View Post
    Nice suggestions guys. I want to ask you one thing. Like Google Drive offers Offline viewing, do Skydrive also provide the same ? Or we need to be connected with internet for viewing our files ?
    Yes, you can view your files Offline as well one it is synced. There are many more features you get with the same:
    • Access all of your SkyDrive content including files shared with you.
    • View recently used documents.
    • Choose multiple photos or videos to upload from your phone.
    • Share your files and photos – send a link in email or in another app.