Thread: Which one is better Dell Inspiron 15R SE or Samsung 550p

Which one is better Dell Inspiron 15R SE or Samsung 550p

I am willing to get a new laptop and after going through number of them I have narrowed down my choice to Dell Inspiron 15R SE and Samsung 550p. I want to get one amongst these but I am not able to make out which one will be the best. I don’t need suggestion for any other laptop but I just want someone to point me better one, you all can refer to below short specification of both laptops to get better idea of it.

Dell Inspiron 15R SE:
    • 3rd Generation Intel Core i5-3210M dual core processor (standard) / 3rd Generation Intel Core i7-3612QM processor (optional)
    • 4GB (standard) / 8GB dual channel DDR3 1600MHz (2 DIMM slots)
    • 500GB (standard)/ 1TB + (optional) 32GB mSATA SSD
    • Optional AMD Radeon HD 7730M graphics with 2GB GDDR3 graphics memory
    • 39.6 cm (15.6) high definition (720p) WLED display (1366×768) (standard) / Full HD WLED display option (1920x1080p)
    • Battery life up to 5 hrs 25 min
    • Waves MaxxAudio 4 audio/ Skullcandy speakers
    • DVD +/- RW (standard) / Blu-ray disc combo drive and Blu-ray disc RW drive options
    • Intel Wireless Display supports streaming 1080p & 5.1 surround sound wirelessly
    • Optional backlit keyboard
    • HDMI 1.4a output for HD entertainment and HD aspect Webcam
    • USB 3.0; USB 3.0 PowerShare; RJ45 Ethernet; HDMI v1.4; VGA; 8-in-1 media card reader; Bluetooth 4.0
    • Height: 30.3mm – 34.1mm; Width: 378mm; Depth: 252mm
    • Weight: Starting at 2.78 Kg

Samsung 550p:
    • Display type: 15/17? inch LCD Screen with 1366 x 768 or 1600 x 900 pixels resolution
    • Operating System: Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium
    • Processor: Intel 3rd Generation Quad Core i7 CPU
    • RAM: 8GB
    • Hard Disk Drive: 2 TB
    • Graphics Accelerator: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M
    • Graphics Memory: 2GB
    • Full-size Keyboard with Isolated Numeric Key
    • Optical Drive: Blu-ray Drive

Re: Which one is better Dell Inspiron 15R SE or Samsung 550p

You don’t seem to be brand conscious, as you have narrowed down your choice between Dell and Samsung. Anyways according to the specification Samsung 550p is appearing to be better, just to highlight it is having Core i7 CPU, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M which is better as compared to what dell is delivering. People have started buying Samsung laptops and it is getting a good response as well. I am not aware of the service support of what Samsung might be offering, I have heard that dell provides best service support for their laptops. You can confirm out regarding their service from the store you might be getting it, if you feel satisfied then you can surely go for Samsung.

I know that Samsung hasn’t developed its name in laptop market but it is getting good response from mass with specification and feature it is delivering compared to other leading brands. I agree to MarDaA for service support thing, I mean it is just not about getting a better laptop but one should be concerned with the service support that they might need in future. Specification wise Samsung 550p is taking over Dell Inspiron 15RSE but build and support wise dell still leads the race.

If you are getting your laptop for basic purpose then I will suggest you to go with dell because you won’t find much difference in performance as compared to Samsung. If you are concerned with gaming as well then also I will suggest you to go with Samsung 550p. Samsung is having faster processor, better screen, better gpu and better looks. I think that it will be just worth getting, you really won’t regret your decision.

Even my vote goes for Samsung 550p, I think preferring it will be a better idea, I mean you will get a laptop with better specification and feature at lower price. I don’t think compromising with so called brand name for that should matter, Samsung is also a good brand but they haven’t explored in laptop market yet as already mentioned. I have some friends who have bought Samsung laptop’s for their kids, not the high ranged ones, and they are quite satisfied with its performance. I really don’t think that Samsung 550p will let you down by its performance. I have gone through some user reviews of Samsung 550p and most of them have appreciated it. If you want then you can check out its review for your satisfaction. I just wanted to add that you might have come across people who have mentioned that there is a common issue of high temperature while gaming with Samsung 550p. I don’t think that’s true, it’s not a common issue, it is just people might have received faulty pieces.