Thread: Overclocking Google Nexus 7

Overclocking Google Nexus 7

Google Nexus 7 is the only device in market that offers you Quad-core Tegra 3 processor. There are rare devices that comes with a good processing power. With ample of cpu support the need of overclocking starter appearing on smartphone's also. This is complicated but still there are chances by which you can boost your phone performance by overclocking it.

I hope this would be safe for this tiny gadgets.

Re: Overclocking Google Nexus 7

I am not sure about the same and if I am having this one I would never overclock it. There are tons of limitations on this devices. You cannot just overclock and destroy the cpu instantly. This phones has many hardware limitations.

I had seen some site which claim to overclock the cpu to 2Ghz and it worked well. The device is quiet not costly but I am worried about the stability. If we are able to achieve that much clock rate on smartphone's then surely tablets and ultrabooks will be ignored. The phone works on Android platform, and with boost rate you can play better games on it. This is not going to work forever. Overclocking works till you need and if there is stability issue unlike PC we cannot do anything in this to fix it. It will also void warranty I think. There are rumors that there are number of better apps that can boost the device performance by overclocking it. It is better not recommended.

To overclock the first thing you have to do is modify the rom. You have to install custom roms from web based on the phone model and then install it. Or else overclocking will not work. This is not converted under warranty. Yes overclocking on smartphone has not gain a better trust. And I am sure there are thousands of users which are not willing to overclock their devices. As we already aware about the negative aspect. It can reduce your phone's life. And above all if you overwrite the rom there are chances that your phone many brick or not work.

Gaining some is enough. Like till 1.6Ghz. It would give a bit boost in performance. Anyhow Android is not a stable platform for overclocking. You must check properly on web before going for this stuff.

It is a nice product. You are getting a good cpu, JellyBean OS, and impressive 7" screen for @199 which is not bad at all. The tablet features robust body design. It is a much better device according to me. Overclocking can be stable if you get the right modified kernal for this. And if you played with some incompatible files then you cannot expect to behave this device properly. I had seen a series of article on web which has claimed to attain a good overclocking ratio on it. The last was 2Ghz. But after that there was nothing mentioned. The most stable is considered between 1.6Ghz to 1.8Ghz.

That would be the only capacity according to me. I am sure there will be better options available that can help us to create a better performance. Google Play is filled with apps that boost the performance. I had tested some of them, but they are useless. You need a better option for that. Google Nexus 7 is one of the most fastest android tablet in the market. It worked well and offer you a great deal of output. Compared to any other this device has a much better cpu support. I had compared a number of devices with this and found it much better.

I never heard that think in iPad. Overclocking is some process by which you force the cpu to work better. In iPad I had never find such thing. Its performance is much better compared to any other tablet.

Google Nexus 7 has a better cpu power but lack a gpu. Still after that it can process games at much better ration. JellyBean is designed to give a much higher battery performance. I had seen some benchmarks and gaming videos of Google Nexus 7. They give quiet clear output compared to other tablets. Yet no one has mentioned about the heating stuff. This one of the most common issue that is seen in tablet pc. They heat up quiet fast. I am trying to find information Nexus 7 performance. I had seen a review comparison of iPad and Nexu which showed both of them a quiet robust device. Performance point of view iPad has more benefits. While this tablets had just started to appear. There are number of brands which are providing this devices.

They are still too costly. I feel like paying for a much bigger smartphone. The benchmarking results on tablets are quiet fine and impressive. And I think there is no need to overclock it purposely. If your game lags or if you are facing performance issue then get rid of backend processes. Download a good task killer and run it. It will kill everything making your tablet a much better in performance and output.

Overclocking is really not meant for tablets. You have to root your device first and then you can go with the same. This does not work on the factory kernel. If you are willing to kill your device then you go for the same.

Only Nvdia's Tegra 2 processor is capable of doing this. You cannot just overclock others. There are apps but do not trust on them. And that tool on some points only. You can increase to 1.6Ghz which will be more than enough. I am sure the tablet will heatup very fast and can hurt other parts on the circuit. On a full desktop system overclocking cause various issues while if you do the same on a tablet you are putting it on more risk.

I had seen some article which states that a user has successfully overclocked his Motorola Xoom tablet to 1.7Ghz. This is quiet nice. But you cannot expect much from a tablet pc. They work on very low hardware resources. You have to thoroughly find the hardware specs and last frequency that the cpu can tolerate. Go and search around web you will find a number of test on the same.

Best do one thing. Download and install a benchmarking tool. That will do the job. Overclocking needs better power and cooling support. This both lacks in a tablet. A benchmarking tool can guide about the tablets performance.