Thread: MacBook is entering sleep mode randomly after installing Mountain Lion

MacBook is entering sleep mode randomly after installing Mountain Lion

I am having MacBook air 11 and since installing Mountain Lion on it I don’t know why is it entering sleep mode randomly. I am not able to make out the cause of this issue, I did not had any such issue when I was running osx lion on it, I am quite sure that it started after installing Mountain Lion. Has anyone faced similar issue or has some idea about it for helping me out?

Re: MacBook is entering sleep mode randomly after installing Mountain Lion

I am undergoing same issue and it seems as if this is a software bug, in my case it starts entering sleep mode frequently after entering it for the first time. I mean when it enters sleep mode for the first time and after that when I wake it then just after few minutes it enters sleep mode again. I have tried rebooting my MacBook several times but that not making any difference. I have checked out the default time for it to get sleep but it doesn’t my MacBook doesn’t seem to follow it. It all started after installing Mountain Lion in my case as well.

I wanted to know if you both have tried out resetting PRAM and SMC? If not then give it a try and let me know if that’s making any difference:

Resetting PRAM and NVRAM
    1. Turn of your MacBook, press and hold Command, Option, P, and R after turning it on and before gray screen appears.
    2. Continue holding it until the computer restarts and you hear startup sound twice.
    3. After hearing startup sounds twice simply release the keys and PRAM and the NVRAM will get set to default values.

Resetting System Management Controller (SMC)
    1. Turn of your MacBook, disconnect ac adapter if connected and take out the battery
    2. Now press and hold power button and release it after 5 seconds.
    3. After that reseat battery, connect your ac adapter if you want and turn it on.

I have tried out Resetting PRAM and NVRAM as well as Resetting System Management Controller (SMC) but those things are not making any difference. I can still reproduce the same thing, I have checked regarding this issue in other forums and have come across couple of people mentioning that reinstalling Mountain Lion has fixed the issue in your case. I don’t have any issue in reinstalling Mountain Lion but I have kept that as my last option. So if there is any workaround that I can try out rather than that then do let me know.

Yes reinstalling Mountain Lion helps in getting rid of this sleep mode issue, I have tried out the same a week ago and it has helped me. I don’t know what is actually causing it to go into sleep mode randomly but by rebooting laptop, resetting PRAM, NVRAM and SMC had not made any difference in my case earlier as well. So rather than waiting for other workaround I will suggest you to go with the reinstallation of Mountain Lion. I know that process will consume time but trust me it will surely end this issue. Just make sure that you are backing up all your required data’s. Best of luck.