Thread: Unable to Sync SAmsung Omnia 7 with Outlook, Error 80072F0D

Unable to Sync SAmsung Omnia 7 with Outlook, Error 80072F0D

Whenever I am trying to sync my Samsung Omnia 7 with Outlook 2007 then I receive Error Code 80072F0D. It appears to be related to certificate, so I wanted to know what can be done to fix this? Since this is my first WP7 device I don’t have much idea. So any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Re: Unable to Sync SAmsung Omnia 7 with Outlook, Error 80072F0D

Yes Error 80072F0D is related to certificate, to fix this you will have to first send the certificate to yourself, which you can do using your hotmail or Gmail account and download the certificate after that, just make sure that the certificate is having .cer extension and nothing else. Once you download the certificate you should not get the same error again and sync process between your Omnia 7 with Outlook 2007 should go fine. Try out what I have suggested and let me know if it helps.

Thanks for your help but it did not made any difference in my case, I emailed and downloaded the certificate accordingly and have installed it successfully as well but I am still getting the same error message. I have tried installing the same certificate several times and have made sure that it is having .cer extension but no avail. I am not able to get rid of Error 80072F0D. I don’t think there is anything wrong with the certificate because some of my office mates are using it in their WP7 devices and they haven’t encountered any error with it. Can this be sure some kind of issue in my phone? I am really running out of ideas and that’s the only thing that I can think of for now.

Try out this:
    • First open OWA into Internet Explorer browser but don’t login, now right-click on webpage > select 'Properties > click on 'General' Tab > click on 'Certificates' button > Select 'Details' tab and click on 'Copy to File' button.
    • Once you get Exporter Wizard opened click on next and export it to your desktop. There will be three formats where two .cer and one .p7b, you can see.
    • So here select "include all certificates" option, copy-paste.p7b file and rename the .p7b extension to .cer. Now you can email file to yourself and download it to your phone. If renaming.p7b extension to .cer is not working out for you then you can email and download the one having .cer extension.
    • When you are done with all these things then delete outlook account that failed to sync, turn off your phone, turn it on, add outlook account via Settings, add log-in and server information and you are done.

Your phone should now get sync without any issue, if at all you face any issue further than post back your query.

I was facing the same issue and this is what I've done to get it working.
    • Transfer both cer and p7b rather than changing extension or single cer file. I had tried changing the extension of .p7b file and using single cer file. But I was getting the same error. Your case might be different, so you can try every possible thing here.
    • After downloading and installing the certificate restart your phone and add the same account again.
    • Now try to sync and things should be fine

Note : in some cases self-signed certificate won’t work and you will have to get certificate signed by trusted CA from Microsoft list.