Thread: Bluetooth not working properly in Samsung Omnia Windows 7 phone

Bluetooth not working properly in Samsung Omnia Windows 7 phone

I am having Samsung Omnia running with Windows Phone 7.5. I know its bit old and its time for Lumia, but still am happy with my phone. I am here to get some help for Bluetooth in this phone. Actually though it has Bluetooth technology, but it is only for connecting Bluetooth handsets and not for transferring files and all. That is ridiculous, i bought it because i heard it is having bluetooth.

I came to know that Windows Phones wont support Bluetooth after buying this mobile but as there are new technologies and improvements done in Windows Mobile, is there any way to fix bluetooth problems am facing with this phone ?

Re: Bluetooth not working properly in Samsung Omnia Windows 7 phone

I dont think any of Windows Phone 7 ever had Bluetooth transfer feature. You should have checked it or atleast read about it before buying any new smartphone for any particular feature. Dont just go for it by just hearing. Also, that bluetooth feature is provided by Samsung, not by Windows Mobile and it can only be used for bluetooth voice handsets.

Yeah, thats correct. There is no Bluetooth feature in any of Windows Mobile 7 or 7.5 (Tango). If you want bluetooth, you will need to wait for few more months as Microsoft is going to launch Windows Mobile 8 with integrated Bluetooth Functionality.

For similar kind of problem, you should check out this article: How to use SPP Bluetooth with windows phone 7

Quote Originally Posted by Gautama-Gopa View Post
    I came to know that Windows Phones wont support Bluetooth after buying this mobile but as there are new technologies and improvements done in Windows Mobile, is there any way to fix bluetooth problems am facing with this phone ?
    There is no way you can use Bluetooth for file transferring in any windows phone powered by WP7 or 7.5 (Tango). The only hope is to wait till Microsoft releases the new Windows Phone 8 OS. It can be released soon in coming months because there was news that Microsoft is going to showcase WP8 powered Nokia phone on September 5th.

Once they launch the new OS, hopw it should be compatible with your handset and than you will get the Bluetooth feature built-in.