Thread: My PC wont detect Lumia 900

My PC wont detect Lumia 900

I recently bought a new Lumia 900 (was using Lumia 800 from past 6 months). In order to do some configuration and settings, i downloaded and installed Zune on my Windows 7 system. But dont know why my system is not detecting my Lumia. I tried several times but yet the same result. I even tried rebooting my computer and smartphone both but still no connection,. Can you guys please help me out ?

Re: My PC wont detect Lumia 900

There seems no problem with Zune. Actually you should see any notifications in the system tray as soon as your connect the phone with Cable. There could be problem with drivers or most probably with your USB cable. Is it the one you got in the box with phone ?

I suspect the cable is faulty because i have both Lumia 800 and 900, dint faced any such problem yet in last 6 months with any of these devices, nor on XP or Windows 7. Just try connecting with some other cable and see if t works.

Quote Originally Posted by Anirvinya View Post
    There could be problem with drivers or most probably with your USB cable. Is it the one you got in the box with phone ?
    Thanks for your suggestion friend. I did as you said, updated all my drivers and yes, the cable is the original one that i got with my phone in the box. But still it is not detecting my mobile. I am having one Nokia 5800 as well. When i connect that mobile with its own cable, it is recognized with my system, than whats the problem with my Lumia ? Please help.

I have been with this situation in the past. After wasting enough time finally i got the culprit and it was my USB Cable. Yes, my original USB cable.

So, as per my experience, you should buy another usb cable and connect your phone because in my case the original cable was faulty. Just for testing purpose i borrowed my friends cable and it worked. If you dont want to buy, simply visit Nokia customer center and tell them that you got faulty cable with the box. They will replace it with the new one.